Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Caught A Spammer

As you all know I have been looking for a small travel trailer. I had been looking in Flagstaff, AZ and found one 2010 Jay Flight Light, ding ding red lights. Figured they may have made a  mistake and asked for more info. I didn't get a response until today and then the bells and lights really started to flash when he said the trailer was in Montana not Flagstaff at Malmstrom AFB. I went along with the game until I had enough information to do something about this scum bag and I do mean scum bag.  Claimed he was in the USAF and was in training to go to Iraq to fight ISIS. Then the junk really started to fly. He claimed to have a eBay account and all funds would be filtered through there. He would pay all shipping costs and I would have a 15 day trial with the trailer. He asked for all my information and that's when I pulled the  plug on this sucker. I immediately contacted Craig's List and forwarded them his e-mails so he knew he was busted and never even replied. I tried to let eBay know but there contact information is a joke.  What makes this so much uglier to me is he used our UNITED STATES AIR FORCE! What a piece of shit this person really is. 

So all of you out there be careful as you see it isn't just Pay Pal or Western Union anymore now they are using eBay too. He sent me a text saying it was his friends phone but I bet it was one of those free obama phone's they give out and he probably threw it away. I know more people caught onto this because it takes 7 flags for Craig's list to remove the post and it said will be removed in a few minutes. Also now it is I (seller) will ship it to you ( buyer)all paid by me( again the seller). It used to be I ( buyer) will send you(seller) all the shipping costs after you(seller) send.

This loser went by the name of Terry West- terrwt78@gmail.com

Just another day in Paradise I guess.

Good Night All

7 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you caught and reported him, Jo.

    I still have my fingers crossed that you will find a good deal from an honest seller.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I think that although you have much more choice with the internet, there is nothing like dealing with someone in person or at least closer to home. There are so many scammers out there, and we are sitting ducks for them. Glad you caught it before letting it catch you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must be very alert these days to scams...glad you are on your toes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, sometimes I just wish I could just hit them over the head with my big Grandma Purse!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sharon,

    Since I have used Craig's List to sell a few things I learned early with some good tips. some day I may find something.

    Hi Gypsy,

    Yes it is hard but if you pay attention to their words and other things they say or do you know what is next. Bunch of creeps.

    Hi Sondra,

    I really wanted to alert ebay but there help center doesn't make it easy to bad this guy has an account with them so he claims.

    Hi Karen,

    Yes indeed with maybe a few nice rocks inside.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are tents set up in parking lots giving free cell phones with very limited min. Every one calls them Obama phones basically they are. Just another thing the tax payers are paying for.

    ReplyDelete