I called my friend Dianne and we made some tentative plans for mid June up in the White Mountains.
Then this crazy storm blew in and I thought for sure the slats were going to be torn off the side of the porch. It rained pretty good and then the wind stopped. It had cooled down really nice so out we went again.
I also made another dish I may have shared before but can't remember. This one was from my friend Terry. I need to stop making all these dishes as the fridge is quite full now and I am tired of cleaning up the messes I make in the kitchen LOL.
· ½ C quinoa, rinsed and drained. (buy boxed, already rinsed; I think it’s near packaged rice)
· ½ C farro (find packaged near quinoa or packaged rice
· 1 C frozen shelled edamame, thawed
· 1 C fresh or frozen whole kernel corn, thawed if frozen
· 1 C frozen broccoli florets, thawed
· 1 yellow or orange bell pepper, sliced and cut into @1” pieces
· ½ medium red onion, diced into whatever size pieces you want
· 8 or more grape tomatoes, halved or quartered, depending on size
· ¼ C lime juice
· 2 Tbsp. olive oil
In a small saucepan, combine quinoa and 1 cup water. Bring to boil, reduce heat.
.Cover and simmer 15 minutes or until water is absorbed.
Remove from heat; set aside
. cooking farro according to package directions. but doesn’t absorb water and needs to be drained.
1. You can use just about any firm vegetable you want: carrots, cauliflower, green beans, etc. In most instances I would use the frozen variety, thawed, because fresh would be too firm.
2. I omit the cilantro because I do not like it.
I had some of this tonight with a wonderful piece of Talapia baked in the toaster oven.
Hope everyone had an equally wonderful day.
Good Night All