Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Crazy Winter

For a change the weather people got it right. The wind came up hard late yesterday. I woke up to the sound of rain but fell back to sleep. I keep the furnace turned down to about 63 at night and it rarely turns on until around 5:30 am. I woke again around 3:30 to the furnace running. Hmm must be pretty darn cold. By time I woke up at 7:30 am it was down right chilly in the house at 65f.  I threw on some sweats and let Fred out and turned up the furnace. I brushed my teeth and cleaned up and the house was getting nice an cozy.

It must have rained pretty good because there were large puddles in the street. The clouds were pretty heavy and dark. After pouring my coffee  went to the computer room and opened the blinds to see the sun struggling to burn through the clouds. It's attempts were met with resistance.  Every now and then it would drizzle and stop. Then the sun came out and looked like maybe the day would get nicer and warmer. Nope it sounded like it was raining really hard and then I realized it was hailing like crazy even though the sun was still shining.

Non of the pictures showed the hail and the video will not load and won't let me delete it either
 You can almost see the hail and the sun shining on part of the driveway next door


The day remained cold with the temperature only reaching about 50F  and wet and the sun came back out late afternoon.

We need all the rain we can get as this came very late in the  season.

Good Night All

5 comments:

  1. Wow...i see the hail stones....and that storm is headed our way we have been told to expect high winds today I don't like wind with all these huge pine trees around my house!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got the high winds and the cold front but thankfully not the hail.

    I am a little envious of your rain, this part of Texas is in a drought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sondra,

    I know I posted answers to you ladies yesterday.

    I hope the storm isn't to bad out your way. It has finally passed and the temps have been in the mid 70's and going to be higher next week. Maybe I will get out then. I'm hoping the wind stays down here I really don't care for that at all either.

    Hi MsBelinda,

    I'm glad it pasted and hope you get some rain soon. Even with the rain we have had it sure didn't help our drought. But we are always greatful for what ever we get.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was quite chilly and even more so here, but nice and warm again , take care, We do need the run, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi George,

    Yes it is cooler up where you were. Hope the weather in NM is a little warmer.

    ReplyDelete