Tuesday, April 17, 2018

YUK!

Once again terrible winds have been blowing none stop. It is very dry as we haven't had any rain in forever. So all the wind is causing so much dirt and of course pollen blowing everywhere. Everyone is complaining about runny noses or stuffed up noses and all kinds of terrible symptoms.  Yesterday when I woke up my throat felt as though I had swallowed ground up glass. I drank lots of hot tea with lots of honey and lemon and then gargled with Orajel mouth wash. It burned like crazy but it started to clear up my throat. Did a good gargle before bed and this morning it was well on its way to healing. After brushing my teeth and taking my meds. I gargled again and waited an hour before having my coffee.

The wind was down so I figured I better get a start on the weeds. I finally got to top off the container and poured it into the sprayer, I pumped and pumped but it just wouldn't catch for some reason. By now the wind started to pick up again so I just grabbed my new little stove and brought it in the house and out to the porch with a can of butane. Just took a little bit of time and I figured it all out. It is so easy to assemble and very light weight just love it.

Love this little stove and it has it's own carrying case, the little cans are the butane. My friend said they last between 4-5 hours.


I did this part of the set up outdoors. Don't like messing with these fuels indoors. Of course it has an electronic starter and it worked perfect.
So if the wind ever stops blowing and before the temps get to hot maybe I can get in a short camping trip soon.

I will be leaving maybe end of May or early June for the White Mountains. I sure hope the rains comes soon as there is already a fire up in Pine, where there was a huge fire already last year. They say it is staying on the ground so far and has not climbed into the canopy lets hope it stays that way and will be out soon.

Good Night All

11 comments:

  1. This wind and pollen is driving my nose crazy. And Skittlez is more miserable than I am. She has terrible allergies. Poor baby. I am really worried about the fire danger this summer down here. It is so dry and no rain in the forecast anywhere. Hope you get out for awhile and use your new stove.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandie,
      Poor Skittlez, maybe if we get some much needed rain it will quiet down all this flying pollen. Yes fire danger is very high and as bad as I want to go up north it is scary.

      Delete
  2. I will never forget the lady who turned me on to that type stove she was traveling in a Dodge caravan I met her in Idaho at Craters of the Moon it scares me since Coleman stopped making some other products I like hopefully they will keep making the fuel for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sondra,
      Have you used your stove in your van? I hope they don't stop making the butane as I didn't see any other cans that would fit. But with so many other brands making this same type of stove either someone else will make the right sized can or Coleman will continue to make it

      Delete
  3. Glad you are getting things ready for a trip up to the Pines.
    That stove looks to be the perfect size for your Camper.
    We remember how we suffered with the dry air this past winter. It can only get worse during the summer. Hope your area gets their needed rain this year.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rick and Kathy,

      If it would just rain and clear up this flying mess it might get better. And with all this dry grass and trees dying from bark beetles which is also related to no rain the fire danger is so very high.

      Delete
  4. So I suppose wherever one lives there is the dreaded allergy season. Leonard never seemed to be affected until this year. He sneezes constantly. Sometimes 5 at a time.

    Prayers for rain in your area.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Phyllis,

    Seems so on these allergies. Horrible stuff.

    Thanks for the prayers for rain. I checked 2 months ahead but nothing in those forecasts but that can always change

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope for rain for all those people that need it including myself.

    What a neat stove!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi MsBelinda,

    I know how bad you all have it in TX. too. The fire in the White Mountains is spreading pretty fast due to these terrible winds but no house or structures are in danger.

    I really want to try out the stove but not in this wind.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jo! That type of stove works great in most climates and should do well for you. Butane runs very hot. The only problem I had was that in Iowa the butane bottle will freeze up in cold weather. It should not be a problem for you.

    Butane used to difficult to find but I know we carried it at Walmart (in a small town in rural Iowa). It seems to be growing in popularity and I'm sure you will be able to find it easily... and will enjoy the stove for a long time to come!

    ReplyDelete