Saturday, June 16, 2018

Happy Fathers Day!

Just a little update on our rain. Once it kicked in yesterday it kept on coming down. Every know and then I would hear it on the awning during the night it was wonderful. It rained most of today but we are far from what we need. 

The temps were only in the low 80's but the humidity would raise up into the 90% but would come down again and I just couldn't resist sitting on the porch. The birds were very happy and sang their little hearts out.

I keep some bottoms to planter out there filled with water but rain is so much better to them.

Want to wish all the dad's a Happy Fathers Day and to all the Mom's who pull double duty. Have a Great Day!

Good Night All

7 comments:

  1. So glad you finally got some rain, Thanks for the father's Day wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool beans on the rain, I agree the slow drizzle is the best type no floods, no erosion, just a good soak! My sis lit a candle for our dad on May 19, that was the day he passed way back in 1967. He missed out on half his life sadly. Father's day has always been bittersweet for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sondra,

      Yes even though it pretty much rained not stop until Sat. evening it was good for a ground soaker which meant no flooding. Father's day is hard my dad and I were very close and I took care of him in the last months of his life. My fathers passing was June 5, 2009.

      Delete
  3. So happy to hear you are getting some beautiful rain. Hope you get more. Jim gets to fix his own breakfast for Father's Day. LOL He knows I can't cook an egg.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandie,

      That's funny but if you want a tip for sunny side up I cover the pan with a lid so you don't have to flip it over keep flame low they usually come out perfect.

      Delete
  4. Hi Jo!

    Just stopping in to see what you are up to. We have had a very rainy spring. I am trying to get back into reading blogs (how often have I promised myself that!!!). Yours is always a stop. Love to Fred.

    Sandy, I'm with you. Susan fell very far from my side of the family tree. :)

    ReplyDelete