Thursday, November 29, 2018

Cold

Did some early for me, running this morning. Left the house at 7:50 to go have some labs done. They have new computers  that are supposed to check you faster. I've used them before and it worked well. Today not so much, I did everything it said to do but started asking lots of questions so I hit done. I filled out all that information on line when I made my app. After sitting there and seeing how my app time had already gone by I, went to the reception desk to ask if my name showed up? Nope it sure didn't and I noticed a man having a problem at that same computer the girl said try that one so I walked over and she said use you ID hmm never had to before but OK. Then another girl comes and she said do what it tells you to do. I turned and looked at her and she new she best listen to what I was trying to say. So anyway I finally get checked in and went straight back and out the door in a few minutes.

 I was going to go straight to Walmart for a few things but decided to go home first and have some coffee and breakfast. When I walked in the door I knew Fred needed a bath. I called the groomer and she said if you come right now I can take him, as I'm leaving town until Monday. So off we went and got Fred cleaned up and nails trimmed. He smelled much better and we were both happy.

I finally was able to make some coffee and breakfast and read some FB things. 

They have been working on the house next door for a while now and I know he wants it to be finished already. The previous owner painted the driveway about 5-6 times and it was horrible. The paint started to peel and fade really bad. Last Friday he started to power wash the driveway but he was getting know where fast. To make a long story short they have been working on it since then and I was about ready to lose my mind.

So after breakfast I headed out the door to pick up my prescription refills and to get some papers notarized. I called in 2 refills and he had 3. OK I guess the computer said it needed to be refilled. Off I go to the front of the store to where the bank is.  I sign in and take a seat. Only one girl was working in that area and she had a customer. When she finished with the customer her and a telling got into and argument right in front of the customers. Another girl came and said someone will be right with you and they went into the office. Another women comes and asked what I need again I repeated it. She also went into the office. Finally the first one comes out and again they started to have words. She comes over and well, you get it. She said well there are others ahead of you, I was the only person there, so she pointed to the other people who navigated themselves to the Starbucks. I figured if they had been waiting that long how much longer would it be. I left. I guess I will go to the real bank tomorrow if the weather holds out.

Seems we are in for a real cold front coming in and rain and possibly some snow flurries. On tonight's weather it had already started snowing on Mount Lemon. By Sunday a stronger cold front will move in bringing over night lows into the 30's and highs around 53 for daytime until Tues. 

I walked around Family Dollar and picked up some Tide and was killing time hoping when I got home the guys would be done. Nope so I took off and went to visit some friends that were sitting on there deck. It was a great visit and had some laughs. You could here the machine faintly from their house and then I noticed it stopped. Myself and another neighbor jumped up and left for our homes. They were just putting things away for the night. The guy said he hoped they would be done tomorrow they had added more chemicals to lift the paint.

Well this is a long winded post so I'll end it here.

Good Night All

10 comments:

  1. It doesn't sound like you had a very good day except for getting Fred groomed. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

    P.S. Please do not send that cold front in particular the snow my way :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi MsBelinda,

    Days like that are very annoying but at least it ended well getting together with some old friends and laughing a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Computers are great when they work but when they don't....
    That cold and snow does not sound like fun hope it gets better by the time we get out that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi George,

      I'm sure by time you get here it will be sunny and warm again. The snow is on a few of the higher elevations and Mount Lemon didn't get very much but more for them on the way.

      Delete
  4. We had blood work done yesterday and thank goodness it went smoothly. I had thought to make an appointment but we decided to take our chances. Were only there for an hour so not too bad. Rained here last night. Definitely going to be colder this weekend but no snow in the valley. Glad you had a great visit with friends. And a good smelling Fred.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandie,
      We didn't get any snow down here just a lot of rain during the night and it was pretty chilly today and yes much colder over the weekend.

      Delete
  5. Not very professional the way those people at the Bank were behaving.
    Hopefully the Neighbour's Driveway and the bad weather will leave together soon.
    Nice that you had a fun visit.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rick n Kathy,

      No it was really very unprofessional for sure.

      He finally finished the driveway about 4:30 this afternoon but the bad weather will continue for the next week on and off.

      Delete
  6. I had a very similar day myself. You handled it all quite well...I barley held my temper when I was on the phone with Direct TV for one hr!! I am trying to put my Mom's Direct TV on Vacation while she is away...so I did it a week ago then got a past due notice! OMG the guy who helped me did NOT inform me of the correct dates...so it took 3 people to help me get it right..All 3 of my dogs need baths but it's not going to happen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sondra,

    I guess we can't have all good days but do they have to be so annoying when they aren't good. Believe me my temper was showing that's why I left when I did. I really hate being on hold with people who don't have a clue. No baths for your dogs hahaa.

    ReplyDelete