Sunday, December 16, 2018

Having Some Decorating Fun

I had seen something I thought would be cute for a decoration other than what they showed it for. So after Tracy and I went to breakfast we headed for Kirkland's. We were so surprised that not much stuff was left and the sales were really good but I had my heart set on what should have been one of Santa's booted legs. Nope all gone as we walked along we spotted what was supposed be his red pants with both legs. I called Tracy over and talked about what my idea was we agreed it could work and even better than my original idea. So we grabbed them and just picked up some battery tea light candles and just one ornament. I saved $9. on my purchases and off we set for home as things started getting very busy.

After arriving home we set to stuffing the legs to make them more rigid. It worked and we had a good laugh. 

I found the little log set in a gift magazine years ago. Of course it took 3 deliveries to get one that wasn't broken. Flicker battery tea lights are used for the flames


Santa went down the wrong way!




I had spotted a really pretty center piece in Kirkland's a couple weeks ago but the price was really high, so as we strolled around the store Tracy spotted this little wooden box and the wheels started turning, I spotted a bag of pine cones in different sizes and grabbed it and the plaid deer was meant for the tree but he looked cute right there. A couple of days later I was in Family Dollar and found these gold, red and green apples and stuck them in there to brighten it up. This rain deer needs fixing 


I usually put a tiny village here on the hutch but this year I wanted to change things up and this is the change. My granddaughter and her family had given me the porcelain train one year and it was part of the large village, but I did not let this go with the sale of the village

I pulled the garland out from the shed and draped it on top. I found these tiny little lights on thin copper wire at the grocery store and stuck them to the garland.
We also did a few more decorations out front but that will be the next post as I may put a few more things out.


Good Night All

13 comments:

  1. You have really been going to town getting al ready for Christmas, looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had your ability to look at a box or santa legs and make it turn into a great Christmas decoration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your creations. Santa has a problem definitely. It's so much fun when the creative part of our brains unleash themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got into it and with good results...I love the tea lights in the chiminea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks so very festive! I do love Christmas decorating, makes the season so much more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you are really getting into the Christmas Spirit. Good job with the Chiminea.
    Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi George, Thank you!

    Hi Sandie,

    Some times it works and lots of time not so much. Thank You.

    Hi Emily,

    Thank You Emily, I love the way you create things out of recycled stuff.


    Hi Sondra,

    Thank You! It's all about the great grandkids having happy holidays instilled in them and to see the wonder in their eyes.

    Hi Rick and Kathy,

    Yes Christmas can be a hard time and it takes alot to get going but I get a little push from someone and then I can take off. Glad you enjoy the Chiminea Thank You

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are a very creative and talented lady. Love your decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi MsBelinda,
    Thank you, I was just having some fun. Sometimes my creative fun comes out and then sometimes it's gone for very long periods.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just stopping in to wish you a Merry Christmas. I think of you so often, and your blog was just what I thought it would be. I knew there would be a sense of warmth and home because you would be decorating for Christmas. You did not fail me. Love to Fred.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Nancy,

    Well thank you and Merry Christmas to you also. I'm happy you enjoyed my pictures and I didn't fail you.
    I read on Where are the Dixons, they stopped and had lunch with you, how wonderful for you to have some blogger friends come see you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your decorations, especially the Santa legs!

    ReplyDelete