Monday, July 26, 2021

Fabulous Monsoon

 We had 3 1/2 glorious days of constant rain. Some really hard down pours and just sprinkles but it was non stop. Would wake up to some really loud thunder and then hard rain which just put me right back to sleep. Unfortunetly for some they had flooding. And of course those who never learn and drive into washes and need to be rescued, that will cost them plenty in fines and the for the rescue. I live pretty high up so I don't have a problem with water. I don't know how how it went at the bottom of the Village since I didn't venture out.  They say if we get 1-2 more inches before the end of the week it will be the wetest July since the mid 1800.  We are looking at more rainThur and Friday. But it still hasn't been enough to end the droubt but it sure has helped. Everything is so green and it all looks beautiful.

I was happy for the sun coming out today as I had and eye exam scheduled  for this morning. Happy to say all is well and I only need readers which I buy at the the Dollar Tree.

So that's my big news haha not much going on  here as usual.

Good Night All

7 comments:

  1. So glad you got some rain, it will def help in the long run. We could use some now it has rained all around us but we missed out. I def need new glasses my left eye is always worse..so have to get prescription glasses...these ones are like 8 yrs old!! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rain, glorious rain. I know most Arizonans were doing a happy dance. But I feel bad for those who had to deal with flood waters. Now if we could just get some of that rain up here. All we have is smoke and record heat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sondra,
    The rain was just wonderful and we sure needed it everything is so green almost like being somewhere else. Since I had cataract surgery a few years ago the inplants gave me 20/20 for distance they don't help for close but left eye is 20/20 right 20/25.
    You have a great week also.

    Hi Sandie,
    Yes glorious rain I don't think anyone minded that it rained non stop for all those days it was just so wonderful and much needed. Sorry to hear about your weather and all the smoke.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you got some good rain it will go a long way in helping fight the drought. I bet it also brought down your temperatures which in your area can be brutal during the summer months.

    I need to go get my eyes checked, I have let it go for too long but with the Delta Variant, I am afraid to go anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you got the rain! It must be eye doctor season. I'll be heading there soon. It's been almost 2 years since I've been to the Eye Doc and I know my glasses need updating.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We've had constant days of rain here for weeks. To top it off the lawnmower broke and is in the shop. Will be fixed later in the week at a cost of over $400. Grass so high the Leonard used the bush hog on his tractor to get it down some. Good that you live at a higher elevation and don't get the flooding.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi MsBelinda,
    Yes we did break a long standing rain fall from the mid 1800's last night. While it did bring down the temps it sure gave us lots of humidty.
    I only went to have my eyes checked because my Dr. wanted me to. haha So happy I didn't need glasses the prices were crazy expensive there. Lens started at $250. frames lowest was 70.


    Hi Connie, I think that was how long it had been for me also and the fact that I went to Walmart was the pushing factor to see someone real.

    Hi Phyllis,

    Yikes on the cost to fix your mower. Luckily we don't have lawns here so I just have to spray a few weeds.

    ReplyDelete