Friday, October 8, 2021

Busy Times

Since the weather cooled down and I have become rejuvenated and I realized my house needed a really good cleaning. The carpets were filthy! It took me 2 days to work the living room as Fred sheds like crazy and I had to keep vaccuming first and then got down to the steam shampooing. It was so nasty right in front of his little cave. He loves to roll around and twist so you can imagine how much hair was in that area and how dirty it was. So I spent most of the day in that area. The next day I finished the rest of the room and I was dead tired. Yesterday,  I did in front of the door which was another really bad spot and then up the hallway and into my computer room. This morning I vaccumed everything again. 

This morning I had grocery delivery so that took some of my time and then I decided to just rest for the rest of the day. Of course I jumped up and down a few times doing things. Tomorrow I have to pick up some meds at Safeway and then freshen up the rug in my room. Of course there is always a dark spot at the doorway.

I sure will be happy to be finished with this job. Then maybe I can get back to cleaning up the porch and yard. I have a cousin coming in from CA. on Wed. so I got this done just in time for that visit. I was hoping to go camping but I guess that can wait until they leave. They are either going to look for a house in Green Valley or look into renting for a year and make sure that is where they wants to settle. Her husband told her it will have to be because he is tired of moving and they are to old LOL.

Good Night All

7 comments:

  1. Yup we love our dogs but some come with a lot of hair. I can not believe how much a beagle sheds. Got a new vacuum last year and was amazed what it picked up. I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dogs are the best but they can sure dirty up a place! I suppose the dirt is a fair price to pay for the companionship and fun-never-a-dull-moment times they give us 😊🐾

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Phyllis,

    Now he seems to sheds even more now that he is old his water dish is alway full too. I also bought a new vacuum and it pulls really good but it never seems to end with the dog hair.

    Hi Connie,
    I yes he is fun to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jo, oh carpet cleaning is hard work, I have the same problem dogs rolling all over it. I am ready after 5 yrs of use to replace the area rug in the Living room. I got this one at Lowes so I would love to have another just like it but doubtful I will find that. Hope you enjoy your visit with your cousin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been busy JO...give me some of your energy!!!

    I hope you have a nice visit with your cousin and her husband and that they find a house or apartment they like.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sondra,

    I would never have carpet again, especially with a pet. The rooms not carpeted are the bathrooms and kitchen. Area rugs are better at least they can be changed out much easier. Hope you can find the same rug you have or one you will love more. My cousins will stay in a Hotel in Green Valley.

    Hi MsBelinda,

    Yes and I am dead tired hahaha finished my bedroom today and so happy that is all done now.
    I know they will be busy hunting so I don't know how much time I will get to spend with them. They are going to stop here first and I will serve up lunch, then they will go to Green Valley. Maybe I will stop and see them on Friday or Sat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the opposite opinion about carpeting. After a lot of years on both pergo and hardwood floors, I find them hard as a rock and uncomfortable. When we move I am going to put some carpeting and plush padding in my rooms and enjoy sinking in. I know there are pros and cons with everything, but I've had it with hard flooring and am ready for something comfortable.

    ReplyDelete