Saturday, March 24, 2018

Will The Wind Ever Stop

Still working on spring cleaning. Takes time when you have to stop to catch your breath all the time. And if the wind ever stops blowing and recovering everything in dust again I will never get finished.

One way or the other I am going to go camping next week. Madera Canyon is in full birding season and I have got to get up there. The camp ground is small so I don't know if  I will even find a place to pull in. But I'm going to give it a try. If Sondra makes it we can always share a site. But she may have already been there and gone. I forgot to tell here there isn't any WiFi and cell service is iffy if any at all.

If I can't get in there I will try to at least get some pictures and then head for home or Gilbert Ray just to get some camping in.

Yesterday the fire dept. was a few doors away I believe it was for snake removal. Stinkin snakes. That kind of makes me a little off for going to Gilbert Ray because of Fred. Of course he will be on leash but he is very noisy and can pull before I am aware of what he is after. We shall see.

Hope You All Have a Wonderful Weekend

7 comments:

  1. I hope you get to make it to Madera Canyon next week.

    I had no idea the fire department would come out for snake removal. I do not know what I would do if I saw one apart from screaming and running away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi MsBelinda,

    I think it depends on where they are if it is open space they will remove it but if there in a crawl space or a shed they will not remove it and you would have to call a snake removal company. I'm with you scream and run ahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Madera Canyon is so pretty, but I do remember how tight that campground is. Good luck and enjoy the birds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sue,

    I love it up there. Yes spaces are tight but my truck fits fine I just am so bad at backing in. Hope to get some good pictures for the blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sure hope you get out camping. You guys are getting more wind than we are. We've had some but not real bad. Enough to keep Jim off the water though. The thought of snakes just makes me cringe. I would definitely be screaming and running. We've had a couple here in the park over the years but I don't think they were the dangerous kind. I don't care - they need to stay away.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandie,

    I'm making strides in getting things together for the trip. I hate snakes of all kinds they just give me the creeps. Not crazy about scorpions either but they don't creep me out like snakes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jo. I hope you get to go camping soon! The note about snakes gives me the shivvers. We don't have many of the in Iowa but there are timber rattlers in some of the areas where I go... (one reason I keep a firearm handy). Be safe and I hope you can go camping very soon! -- VT

    ReplyDelete