Friday, June 22, 2018

The Heat Is On

I have been a little incapacitated this past week and not being able to walk but worst of all not being able to get out of a sitting position. It was a flare up like I haven't had in years of CPD which is a calcium build up. Anyway today it finally seems to be doing better and I can now get up a lot easier.

Yesterday to brighten my day my daughter Debbie stopped by with my great granddaughter. So much fun to watch this 2 yr old in action.  Maybe that's what made me so much better today.We had lunch I had made in advance and we really enjoyed it.

Miliany knows many songs and sometimes she just mixes them all together. I missed the ones she sang mixed but I did get this one of her cleaning up.

Well I guess there won't be a video since FB has changed things and I can't get my own video's . Debbie has Miliany twice a week and she has taught her many nursery rhymes. It was really a great day.

The heat is definitely on today was 109, but they kept saying it was 105 I have thermometers out side and believe me everyone of them said 109 and no they are not in the sun. All day they kept doing heat advisories which they wouldn't do if it was 105. The fire dept. was at the airport handing out water and letting people know the dangers of the heat. I will go shopping very early tomorrow morning and then hide out in my cave.

Good Night All

14 comments:

  1. Go real early to the store. I went at 6 am this morning (wasn't awake yet nor had my first cup of coffee) but made it thru and bought just what I needed, no splurges. Stayed inside, my thermometer (which is about 20 ft off the ground) said we got to 110ยบ. Just went outside to make sure the birds had water. Another scorcher one tomorrow. Hope your CPD stays away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emily,
      I have to go to Walgreens and they don't open until 8 am but then a quick run for a few grocerys feel bad for the birds haven't been able to get out there and fill dishes. Maybe today

      Delete
  2. Good luck with surviving the heat. Getting out early in the morning a a great way to beat the heat and the crowds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi George,
      Yes showered and ready to run as soon as the store opens at 8 am.

      Delete
  3. You have the right idea. When it gets that warm do your running around early then hide out. Drink lots of water.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rick and Kathy,

      I'm ready to run believe me.

      Delete
  4. It was 102 here on Thursday, My house was 81 all day it never cooled...I had errands to run so was there by 9:15, had my yard work done by 12, and then inside the rest of the day. Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is crazy weather but not unusual for us in the summer. Yes the temps in the house never went under 80 here either and that poor a/c just kept running hate to see my electric bill.

      Delete
  5. Sorry you're under the weather, Jo, but hope you continue to improve. It's hot and muggy here--not 109 degrees, but it takes my breath away. Very uncomfortable and the mosquitoes are out in force!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nancy,

    A little better today, it was a bit easier to get up and I did manage to get things done early this morning. Wasn't quite as hot today and the humidity is still low which means no rain coming our way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you're feeling better. The inability to walk drives me crazy, but there are a lot of people worse off than me. The heat throws me for a loop, too.

      Delete
    2. Hi Nancy,
      Yes that's what I keep telling myself too. It has gotten better but it's trying to stand up from the chair in the living room and my to low toilet I'm waiting for the guy to come and put in a new taller one

      Delete
  7. Don't know how you do it. Those temps would do me in. Bad enough here in Alabama. 92 today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Phyllis,

      We had a slight cool down of 103 but it is going back up again. So I just get my outdoor stuff done as early as possible and then back into the house.

      Delete