Saturday, March 28, 2020

Slow 2 Days

The weather has been absolutely crazy. Yesterday the winds were terrible and as evening came on it really started to get cold. This morning I woke up to the sound of the furnace and my face was frozen. I got up threw on my sweats and let Fred out. He didn't waste much time out there. I checked the temp out side and it was 33f. I raised the thermostat and waited for it to warm up so I could shower. In the mean time I made my coffee and started up the computer. But I never checked  to see how cold it was in here when I turned it up and it was still cold. I went back to check and it was only 59 in here so it must have been colder when I got up. So I cranked it up more and it finally wasn't so chilly anymore and I moved on with my day. I tell you that was some hot good coffee.

I did putter around  Yesterday and road my bike. I was looking for some recipes for bread I may have found one but i need flour, yeast and probably new baking powder mine is kind of old. Or just make some bannock. I have used what I have for small things and it seemed to be OK. Don't need much for that.

A while back the pump for the screen door broke and I keep forgetting to buy a new one. With the horrible winds we have here the door was always a problem when going in or out and yesterday really was getting on my nerves. So I grabbed a bungy cord, I had to open up one end hook a bit so I could get it the screw hole and the other part was still on the house frame so I just hooked on to there. Even though it was a small bungy it was still a little to lose so I tied a knot in the middle and it is fine for now. Then every time we walked out on the porch Doves came flying off a shelf out there. This went on and on and no matter how many times I cleared away the mess they came back. So I had a couple of cans out there for bug spray and lay them down on the back of the bird house and that did the trick. Doves are very dirty birds and I don't want that on my porch.






My blanket is coming along pretty good. I had a little trouble with the first 3 rows until I remembered what I was doing wrong. When I came to changing to a smaller hook I didn't have a very good ergo handle on it so I took a rubber tip off of a ball point pen and struggle for some time but finally got it on the handle, it helped a little but a better hook was in order. Also in counting the stitches I must have given away the little round things to attach to the stitches counted. So I found some pins you can glue or sew to a brooch and used them but what a hassle. So I ordered a set of ergo hooks and the little round hooks. I couldn't believe they already came today. I also ordered some purple yarn to blend in with this flamingo which I don't believe I ordered that color but oh well it grew on me. 

I realized I had not started my truck in 2 weeks so went out and started her up. While I sat there I remembered I had a package that came and they put it in the box. So drove down there and if people were there I would not have stopped. As I got out of the truck another person showed up and we kind of stood looking at each other. She proceeded to her box and it was at the other end of mine so I went and pulled my mail we said our hellos and went back to or vehicles. When I got back in the truck I realized I had on slippers LOL not out to impress just wanted my mail. And yes I sanitized everything including myself.

If at all possible please stay home

Good Night All 

11 comments:

  1. I think your winds decided to pay us a visit this morning and it also was cold but not as cold as you were.

    Good fix for your screen door I had no idea you could replace the pump. I dislike doves as well as they poop everywhere and I have to clean up after them.

    I too have not started my car in two weeks need to do that as I would hate to have to call AAA to jump it.

    With four Covid-19 cases in my area I plan on staying home as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very clever improvising on the door it works! I don't have doves in my porch but the carpenter bees are crazy I don't bother to try and make them leave it's futile..Soon they will go on their own. I used my snow shovel! I used it to scoop up the hundreds of flowers that fell off the camellia bushes in the wind the other day..it sure made easy work of that mess. So far only new case in my town the past couple days I think it's slowing but it has sped up in other counties..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi MsBelinda,

    That wind was brutely, but we do get them here often. This morning its 35 but should warm up to around 70 we shall see.

    Yes those can be changed out and I thought I had one from many years ago but I guess I got rid of it in one of my clean outs.

    Best go run your car.

    Hi Sondra,

    So glad I fixed that door it was a pain in the butt, now it doesn't fly open and giving me grief all the time trying to hang on to it. Doves are really dirty birds and they're the nest isn't really a nest they just pile twigs up. I had them build a nest ontop of a light fixture the next thing I know I have broken eggs on the ground because they just rolled off or the build them in the trees but with winds they just fall down and some times the chicks had already hatched. I wish I had a snow shovel that sure would make scooping up all the mess from the mesquite tree. We have lots of covid 19 here in out county but they don't tell you what city

    ReplyDelete
  4. With the up and down temperatures it is hard to know where to set the Thermostat.
    That was a good quick-fix for the door.
    Birds are fun to watch but like you said very messy.
    Glad you are staying busy and Safe at the same time.
    Enjoy the isolation.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Got to give it to you. You sure know how to improvise.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rick and Kathy,

    I don't know why it took me so long to think of this fix.

    Need to stay safe we have a lot of cases here and to many deaths already.

    Hi Phyllis,

    A girl has to do what she has to do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your fix for the door - ingenious! As for the birds, I had that trouble at home. After putting up four sets of wind chimes the birds quit nesting. Apparently the clatter is even more offensive to them!

    Take care! -- VanTrekker

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Brad,

    Thank You! I have wind chimes and they aren't fazed by them one bit. But maybe because the aren't to close to that area but there isn't a place to hang them. But they are gone.

    ReplyDelete
  9. When I lived in NC I had lots of birds, including a pair of doves. They were ground feeders and liked a certain kind of seed, so I always sprinkled it for them on the ground and let the other birds take theirs from the feeder. Sometimes I would forget the doves, and they would wait below my kitchen window until they got my attention. I could tell by the way they looked at the ground and then at me, that they wanted seed. Clever birds.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had to stop feeding the birds when I noticed a few snakes coming around. I looked into the problem and it said that the feed that drops to the ground brings ground feeders and rodents which attract the snakes. I really enjoyed the birds but not the snakes. I still hang humming bird feeders of course the woodpecters delight in that to. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Five weeks ago my boyfriend broke up with me. It all started when i went to summer camp i was trying to contact him but it was not going through. So when I came back from camp I saw him with a young lady kissing in his bed room, I was frustrated and it gave me a sleepless night. I thought he will come back to apologies but he didn't come for almost three week i was really hurt but i thank Dr.Azuka for all he did i met Dr.Azuka during my search at the internet i decided to contact him on his email dr.azukasolutionhome@gmail.com he brought my boyfriend back to me just within 48 hours i am really happy. What’s app contact : +44 7520 636249‬

    ReplyDelete