Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Getting Started

 Finally got started cleaning out the camper, on Monday by pulling out the bins of kitchen supplies, small plastic container of condiments which I should throw out and replace, chair and small table. That pretty much did it for me that day. 

 Yesterday pulled all the bedding, pillow included and it is all washed. Everything was so dusty. Finish cleaning the inside. And remaking the bed. 

Today checked the bins where I store my clothes and other items to see what all I need to add or remove. I think all is OK and maybe I can remove just a couple things and combine 2 drawers into one.

But the skeeters were terrible and coming into the camper and eating me alive. So I had to retreat to the house. I did go out and spray some insect stuff and shut everything up.

I used my new hitch step and the small step stool I bought to get in the back. I may have to find something to stick inbetween the hitch and step as it is a little wobbley, other wise it works well. Hopefully tomorrow I will remember to spray myself down and get the vacuuming done and then clean the trim and windows. 

I will need to run to Harbor Frieght to see what they have for potty chemicals and maybe something other than kitty litter, I really don't care for it at all. If they don't have anything I will go to Walmart. But the last time I went to Walmart the camping area has been really cut back not much there at all.

I will bring a personal sized heater but I don't think I will need it the weather looks fine and I don't want to pay the extra $10. for electric. And one of the battery powered fans. If all goes well I will then come home get more frozen bottles of water and head to Madera Canyon where I really love to be. I may look into buying a small 160 Watt or 260 Jackey so I can run the small heater because it will be colder up there. I do have a small solar panel to charge it up.

Good Night All!




8 comments:

  1. HI Jo hope all plans are a GO! It's been getting in the 40's here at night. I am in the middle of doing the same thing getting ready to go on a 4 day 3 night trip that my sister arranged. The only thing is I have to take both the dogs and they are not as spry as they once were. Best of luck with your trip plans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sondra,
    I sure hope your plans are a go also. I know the pets are a hard ship know that they are older and yours are large compared to Fred. The nights are in the low 50's all the way to the low 60's so it isn't to bad but crazy. Like I said if all goes well with these trips I am going to look into buying a Jackery. And best of luck on your trip as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Getting back out there sounds exciting! I've found the same thing at the Walmart here. They've cut back on a lot and the shelves are sometimes empty (due to backlog). I have a Jackery 1000. It's light weight and easy to carry. I used it when I was in the van but haven't had a need for it in the trailer, yet. I didn't use it for heat but I used it for everything else. It works great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Connie,

    I am so excited to get out again its been 2yrs. Its all cleaned up and now just to reload somethings and not others. It's a very small space so can't take much. The Jackery 1000 just doesn't fit my budget :( but the 260 is manageable. I'll see how this trip goes before I make this purchase.
    I was going to go to Walmart today but that just wasn't happening. So Monday it is and want to leave on Tues. Walmart uses that excuse for everything but they hadn't had a good stock on camping gear way before covid, at least this one in my area.

    ReplyDelete
  5. JO, I am glad for you and frankly a little jealous of your future camping trip. I think planning is almost as much fun as actually going.

    I am programmed no matter what I go to Walmart to buy to go directly to their camping aisles and check out their merchandise. Sadly, like at your Walmart, there is very little inventory on the shelves.

    Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi MsBelinda,
    LOL the planning would have been much more fun if I didn't have drag everything out to be deep cleaned. At least that is done and some inventory checking is almost all done so I can reload. Now the weather isn't looking very friendly :( But at least I will be loaded but for the food so if it turns out OK I can go.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a plan. I don't know about you but those mosquitoes always love me. They never bother hubby at all. Just attack me.

    Hope you get to go soon. It will be good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Phyllis,
    Mosquitoes thing I'm a a free buffet!

    I would like to leave Tue. but they are calling for rain but only in the morning, we shall see.

    ReplyDelete