Monday, August 15, 2011

A Mis - Adventure

Jeanne, and I headed for Pinedale, AZ today. Pinedale was and old logging camp. Logging was and important part of The White Mountains once the white settlers arrived in 1870s. Pinedale was also know as Standard after the first logging company. We drove and drove. The scenery was great and then the clouds started to form. They looked kind dark so we decided to turn around and head back since we had no idea what the weather was going to do.  As usual there wasn't anywhere to pull over and take pictures. I just started shooting as Jeanne drove.

This is highway 260 and I think we where about 3 mls away when we turned back. But its better to be safe than sorry.
At this point we are in Linden.


 Lots of ranches along the way



This house was more like a castle



Maybe if we get an earlier start we will make it to Pinedale and then over to Ft. Apache which is out there somewhere also. Summer is running out and we haven't covered much ground this season. The rains have hindered us quite a bit as the down pours were so heavy and flooding on these roads can be instant. Hope it lets up soon.

I was concerned something was going wrong with my camera as the pictures are very dark. While some of the dark is due to cloud cover the rest is taking them with the tinted windows closed. :(  Sorry they are so hard to see.

2 comments:

  1. The pictures are great. I love Arizona, especially the northeast part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Granny, Thank you. The first time I came up here was in 07 and I just feel in love. In 09 I bought my little 23 ft motor home and said I was going to come and stay for the summer, I came up in 2010 and and bought this little place. I just love it in the summer.

    ReplyDelete