Thursday, May 31, 2012

Cooking Day

Today I cooked things that needed to be used.

I made a Momma Mia Pie, so I could use the Tofu but I still
have more but need more sauce and mozzarella cheese. It
should hold until Monday shopping day.
cook spaghetti about half the box not all the way
add some sauce to a 9 in pie over safe plate
add some spaghetti, tofu, mozzarella and Romano or Parmesan

add another layer top with sauce and mozzarella Parmesan or Romano
Cover with foil and bake about 30 min at 350
Using whole wheat will reduce calories even more.

I made a pork roast stew and that was really good. I just throw
in what ever veggies are around. This had carrots, yellow
squash, onion, red, yellow and orange mini peppers and about 2 cups chicken broth  or until meat is covered. Add small
amount of  flour to make a heavier gravy if desired.  Oh and
 some spinach. Cooked in the slow cooker all day, about 10 hrs or until pork falls apart.

It is warming up around here but still nice, breeze keeps it
comfortable.


8 comments:

  1. We had lots of smoke here today, but it didn't even dawn on me that you might be cooking, I just assumed ..... forest fire. Just kidding and your description made my mouth water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tofu in a pie ... jeez that sounds good

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHA good morning John,
    You are to funny.
    I always look forward to your comments. Thanks for coming.


    Hi Carolyn,
    Tofu had no taste of it own. Momma Mia pie is like Lasagna but made with spaghetti and it takes the place of rocotta and is made in a pie plate. Tofu is less fattening. Its really good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just bought a small pork roast yesterday, but I'm thinking pulled pork sandwiches made in the crock pot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Judy,
    That sounds good too. Can't beat these crock pots.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have been busy with meal planning. I love having several meals ready for reheating.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The spaghetti pie sounds wonderful!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Phyllis,
    I like to cook a few things at once and freeze them because I don't like to cook. It also keeps me on track for eating right. If it isn't there I will look to eat some thing quick or go out and grab fast food.
    Thanks for stopping by.

    Hi tinycamper,

    It really is good, I have been making it for a number of years. You can aslo add any kind of veggies you want to it, or meat. I don't add meat but I do add veggies.

    ReplyDelete