Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Well I feel better

I am not going to say I think I will live the last time I said that I got even sicker.

So still don't have much to report. I missed the wrapping party and Chix with Stix luncheon but I would rather be able to go to the Charity Dinner on Sat.

So I am taking Vitamin C, some nose spray that is supposed to cleat this up faster and lots of tea with honey and lemon. I am not a tea drinker but I will do what ever it takes.

I found out today that the VA is in need for hats, scarves and blankets for homeless Vets. So some of the stuff I have here I will be giving to Dick for the VA and Lois said beanies are needed for the Cancer Center. Luckily I have plenty of soft yarn for the beanies and I think I have enough heavy yarn for the VA beanies. Will have to check out some yard sales for more yarn to make blankets.
Luckily the weather here has stayed pretty warm so we have a chance to get some of these things done.
Please remember out Service Men and Women. Donate used blankets even jacket. If you have old sleeping bags they will take those too.

Good Night All

6 comments:

  1. It's great that you are donating the items you have made, I hope you can find some bargains on more yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such an honorable endeavor. Anything that is done for our vets has its own reward and really brings forth the true meaning of Christmas. Thank you for what you;re doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Teri,
    I feel that we can't do enough for out Vets and it breaks my heart that so many are homeless. I hope to find lots of yarn too.
    Thanks for coming.

    Hi John,
    I wish I could do more. We donate lap robes all year long, but really push in the winter. I am more than happy to do my share.
    I want to thank you for your service to our country.

    ReplyDelete
  4. JoJo, how wonderful that you can donate those goods! I'm sure they will be deeply appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jo, hope you continue to feel better and better.

    And blankets and warm things for homeless vets is a high priority charity to me, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ticks me off that Vets need anything ... I'm glad you're helping but they need to be taken better care of...

    Glad you're feeling better ;)

    ReplyDelete