Friday, June 20, 2014

Didn't Act Quickly

Today was 109 but I charged ahead to Good Will where I saw 2 chairs that matched mine for the kitchen. Well of course they were gone. I do that all the time. 

I spotted to really beautiful pottery pie plates I picked them up and fell in love. I started to walk away, stopped dead in my tracks and put them back. I didn't need them I have 2 different sizes already. I patted myself on my back and left the store.

Didn't get much else done today. Still didn't finish the rug. :( Tomorrow for sure. There isn't much left to do. Thank you all for the info on ways to get out the marks. It's the junk on the dogs feet and peoples shoes. There isn't globs of tar its residue and is really set in. But I'll get it out one way or the other. 

My Granddaughter's surgery went well now just to get over the first few days of pain. she is getting up and walking around a little at a time every so often.

Good Night All

10 comments:

  1. Maybe because I am so much older, but I needed the narcotic pain killers to get any kind of relief at all. I hated taking them because they cause so many other things, but I'm glad I had them. A younger person probably doesn't need them for long, if at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gypsy,

      I talked to her last night and she is doing pretty good. Said the worst part is getting up off the bed or chair. But is walking around her apartment a little.

      Delete
  2. Glad her surgery went well, Jo ... as you said on FB... she's too young! dang...

    and 109 degrees is too damn hot! it was 97 here ... BUT the usual evening shower cooled things down ... that's nice. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carolyn,

      Thank you she is doing well.

      Yep looks like the temps are going to be like this for at least a week. They keep saying 104 but I have a few outdoor thermometers and they all read 109.

      Delete
  3. Jo, we are becoming kindred spirits! I am still getting rid of stuff and don't drag any more items home unless I am planning on off-loading the same number of items. Exactly how much do we need?

    Glad to hear Amber is doing well all things considering. I have prayed for her.

    Post a pic of Fred for me soon, he is just the cutest thing I have ever seen.

    Take Care

    PS We were 104 and I am still hot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello JMD,

      I love pottery and these 2 pieces were really pretty. But I rarely bake and who want to turn on an over at this time of year, not me that's for sure. And I don't have anymore room for anything.

      I will pass all these well wishes on to Amanda she will be happy to hear about all the folks who don't even know her but are praying for her and wishing her will.

      Delete
  4. I really wish a speedy recovery for her! Good for you on resisting the urge!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sondra,

      Thank you on behalf of my granddaughter. And I still can't believe how fast I put those back. :)

      Delete
  5. Glad her surgery went well! 109 thats crazy! The rim is still open for camping.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ryan,

    Is it I heard their closing lots of campgrounds. Theres a fire almost in the same location of the rodeo fire. Come on RAIN!

    ReplyDelete