Sunday, July 6, 2014

Humid You Say

The humidity sure is up.  I sure feel sorry for people who only have swamp boxes all they do is throw more humidity into your house. I lived with those for years and made sure when I started looking for another house it was NOT going to have one or if it did there better be an A/C unit too.  I at one point did have both. I had the swamp removed last year as it was nothing but trouble from day one. When it isn't humid they do a great job and save lots of money on electric. If you have a really good one it can freeze you out. 

This morning Debbie and I went out to breakfast, then went to Best Buy for printer ink. The guy said soon there will be nothing Kodak since they aren't doing so well. When I first bought this printer the 2 inks cost $19. today it cost me with tx $42.  I really like this printer, the pictures print out great and there is never any smearing of ink. The HP I had the ink took forever and the pictures always smeared. I guess I will have to do some research for the next printer that will use the cheaper inks. But that will never be HP. We got there to early so we stopped in at the Dollar Tree and picked up some cleaning stuff, and bottled water for the camper. Had 2 bags of stuff and 3 Gal. of water for a mere $10. 

I went to see my niece and her husband over at my sister's house. I didn't get to see the girls as they were sleeping. It was a very long day for them all. Even Terry and Ed slept for a few hours after getting here. Hope to meet the girls tomorrow.

Good Night All

6 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you're keeping cool. I grew up without air, but I sure couldn't live without it today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like my swamp cooler. I can leave the door open just a bit and windows open just a bit throughout the house, so I don't feel like I'm all locked up. Sacramento has almost no humidity most of the summer, so I don't feel uncomfortable at all. It is incredibly inexpensive to run, and I'm grateful for that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jo, go to CompAndSave.com and check out printer ink. It is 100% guaranteed, fast service and works great, great prices. We use it and they have a huge selection and a user friendly help section.

    PS Very humid. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am beginning to have trouble finding the ink for my printer...its becoming obsolete I reckon! Humidity is no fun we have it year round...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning John,

    We never had a/c growing up either it was fans. When I moved to Tucson way back in the mid 70's it was all swamp. Love my a/c.

    Hello Gypsy,

    Yes they run cheap and that is great, but when we are into the monsoons the humidity can last for 2 months and it is nasty.

    Hi JMD,

    Thanks for the link. My friend keeps telling about joining Costco as they will print your pictures for such a low price and come out better than any home printer can. I know this is true as he had one of mine done as gift for me and it is awesome. I don't know what the cost is to join but I know it's not cheap to many other things are needed at this time. Isn't there always.

    Hi Sondra,

    When I lived back east we dealt with it, but since living here for 40 yrs when it hits higher that 15% it's not tolerable anymore. LOL How sad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had a couple of relatively cool days here, but it was not to laugh. Back to heat and humidity. I hate it.

    ReplyDelete