Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Sometimes Nice Sometimes Not So Much

Was invited to a patio coffee at 7 this morning. I was going to walk over but that heat and humidity was a real slap in the face when I walked out the door. When I got there they said forget this lets go in the house. So we all went indoors and had coffee. When we headed back out at 8:30 it was much nicer out and there was a slight breeze. Oh well next time we will do it later after some of the humidity is burned off by the sun or a breeze.

I sold 3 scarves that I made today. Maybe if I sell a few more it will cover my gas so I can go on my trip. 

It cooled off some and Fred and I hung out on the porch for a little while and walked around the yard to make sure there wasn't much of a weed problem. I did manage to spray the other day while no rain was in the forecast. 

I made 2 more scarves today and I'll keep working on them.

We had some really good down pours for about hour. When I took Fred out it was awful, the air was so thick you could have cut it with a knife. All the rain did not cool it down.

Good Night All

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jo, I am just grateful we didn't have the flooding like Phoenix did. Yikes, that was bad. Our yard was a lake and the street had lots of water running fast down it. Makes me a bit nervous. We are not used to no gutters, storm drains. I hope when we can afford it we put some gutters on.

    You really should try to sell your scarves on Etsy or Craigslist. They are very nice. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking of all my AZ blog friends when I saw that flooding! BAD stuff--So glad you sold some scarves! Every penny counts right!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi JMD,

    Boy that flooding was something. But it happens every few years when the rains come so fast and hard during monsoon season. But ti never fails you still get stupid people who just have to drive into those washes. Some just didn't have a chance because of where they live. But this is why we have the STUPID MOTORIST LAW those fools that drove through will be fined heavily. Glad you are OK.

    Hi Sondra,

    I see Phx. got it worse than we did. I sit higher here but on the Northeast side they got hit hard.

    Yes every bit helps. I will do a craft show in Nov. and hope to sell hats and scarf sets and maybe some photo's too.

    ReplyDelete