Sunday, August 17, 2014

What Have I Been Doing?

We had a wild storm hit about 4 am this morning. It was great. Very close lighten strikes and huge booms of thunder with buckets of rain.
I jumped up and made coffee just in case the power went out and went back to bed. I fell back to sleep with the sound of rain pounding down. Love a good storm.  I got up about 5:15 got dressed and Fred and I went out it was still raining but mostly a drizzle at that time. We came back in and it started to pour again. Opened the windows an door and turned on the fans it was a really a nice morning.

I tried to put the rainbow pictures together but it wouldn't work
 It was still raining pretty good when I took these of the sun rising



I mentioned how I have been making scarves so here they are




Keeping my hands busy and my mind while I am locked up in the house.

Another rain storm just started.

Good Night All

8 comments:

  1. Enjoy the rain - a lot of places in the west would give anything to get some decent rain. Love the scarves, and also the rainbow pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning John,

    Yes another fun Sunday.

    Hi Gypsy,

    I am enjoying the rain. We needed it so bad. Just glad I wasn't camping and stuck in the camper it's way to small for that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you received all the rain we were promised. We heard thunder and watched black ominous clouds but that was it except for hideous humidity.

    Busy looking for food that doesn't require me to get hotter than I am already. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi JMD,

    We got clobbered again last night and they are saying more tonight. My friend lives west of me and he's yelling UNCLE! they get so much more rain out that way.He is building and arc LOL
    I.m all for cooler foods too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. nothing beats a good rain when you need it!! one passed close by today but ...the rain fell elsewhere!
    your scarves are awesome! You must open an Etsy store!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sondra,

    It was rumbling earlier but it faded out.

    Thanks on the scarves I will do a craft show in Nov. and then I donate them to Adopt A Family I have some beanies and matching scarves also. When it cools down I will make blankets for the homeless.

    ReplyDelete