Sunday, September 7, 2014

Cooking

This morning at dark thirty it sure was wet out. I don't know if it rained again during the night or it was just still that wet from the down pour late afternoon. If it rained I just never heard it. 

I was still so tired this morning just couldn't wake up. I drank some coffee and it didn't help at all. After checking out my blog and e mails I went and sat in my favorite chair and fell asleep. I must have slept for about half and hour. 

I got up and fed Fred. Showered and got dressed and threw in a load of laundry, then made myself breakfast.. But still was sluggish. I know the allergies are really bad so I am guessing that is the problem along with itchy eyes, clogged noise and stuffed ears.

 I was just about to finish breakfast when Rose called to bring back the little shampooer. I made us some coffee and when she left I put the clothes in the dryer and did another load. 

I had defrosted some chicken breast and I had some ground turkey in the fridge that I needed to cook. I took out the crock pot and made the turkey loaf in there and then made a chicken pot pie in the oven. I defrosted to many chicken breasts so I made one with Italian dressing. It was cooler today so using the over was OK. It all turned out really good and now I have several  meals ready to eat, and just have to make a side. I'll make other things in between like fish or pork chops.

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Good Night All

7 comments:

  1. Its been raining here for about 12 hrs now...slow drizzles and with heavy downpours in between...the dogs went out and got soaked..they are waiting on the porch for me to towel them dry..then I'm headed to t he hospital again, its a 45 minute ride..I wish they would transfer him back to Camden hospital its only 6 miles away.
    You were smart and cooked all in one day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sondra,

    Are they at least looking into moving him? You must be so exhausted by now. I sure hope they aren't going to take advantage of you. I bet your dogs miss you. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yesterday must have been "cook chicken breast day" I did also. Enough left over I will make a casserole and toss it in the crockpot.

    Has been raining this morning and just stopped. Looks like we will have rain through Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it a relief when you have meals cooked ahead of time? Such a pleasure to pull one out and heat it up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi JMD,

    A chicken day it was. Raining here too. Will post pictures tonight


    Hi Gypsy,

    I like to cook food ahead since I never could figure out how to cut down on the size after cooking for so many and then needing to do extra for working late nights and I just carried it on. But it is great just heat and serve.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Once in a great while I will cook several meals in one day. Usually it's when we fire up the grill.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Phyllis,

    Grilled left overs are awesome. It's been to hot here to even fire up the grill. Maybe next month.

    Wishing you well.

    ReplyDelete