Thursday, October 30, 2014

Nice Visit

Another nice cool morning. And the 90 degrees later in the day wasn't to pleasant with the humidity up again.

Went to Safeway to pick up a birthday card and some Yuban that was on sale and toilet tissue with there coupons.

After lunch I picked up Kathy and we went over to Barb's to help celebrate her birthday which isn't until Sat. but things will get busy around the Village this weekend.  It sure was nice being all together again after a long summer of there absents.

Seems we had an attempted burglary last night down near the wash. Couldn't they wait until I was done with this stuff. Stinkin Creeps. 

Had an e-mail from a camper friend this morning letting me know they are heading this way. I better get my act together for a camping trip. I was thinking of changing things around in the camper for more room but I don't think there is much I can do with it. I will have to take some measurements. 

I was checking out some appliances that can be plugged into the cigarette lighter thing and found many things, I'll keep it all in mind for later uses.

You all have a wonderful weekend.

Good Night All

5 comments:

  1. You need a bed stretcher for the truck bed, that will give you more room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to go camping with my car packed to the roof. Somehow, I've gone over all the stuff I usually take and weeded out what I didn't use or wouldn't miss. If I took out my back seats I could probably fit bed space in one half and everything else I need on the rest of the cargo area. You have a nice set up and maybe you could make it work better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning John,

    Where can I get one? LOL

    Hi Gypsy,

    I keep telling myself I need to make this work. I really don't want the hassle of towing. I like my truck and the set up but still need more room. I think maybe I could get smaller drawers to fit under the bed and remove the larger ones so I can have that space to place the small chair for when I need to be in there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What about a large tent? One you can stand up in...then at night put your food and you in the truck to sleep! I have the screen room, its a busy set up but once that is done (it takes about an hr to set up) its very nice I have a place to be out of the sun, bugs, and even rain if it don't blow too hard...I am thinking of making some roll down 'rainfly's" for the sides so it can perform better in rain. you can't leave food out cause critters will come in for it...like I found out when I left a can of dog food that was half full out!! A raccoon came in and got it! When I'm traveling and not staying in one camp more than a day I don't set the screen room up...I pull out my table chair cook my dinner and then when it gets dark I go to bed...all I have to put away is my table and chair and I'm ready to travel in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sondra,

    They have the instant up screen rooms and tents that are really easy to set up. I will get either one but more than likely the screen room. I had bought a roll of heavy duty plastic to wrap around the screen room in case of cold or rain. In the case of rain I will then put a large tarp over the top and over the sides of the plastic. I also have the propane heater that can be set up and believe me it keeps it nice and cozy. The one big problem with the camper is space for sleeping at night I can't bring all the stuff in as it will be in the way of getting to the pot. The ice chest can always go on the front seat. Going to start working on it tomorrow. Thanks for the tips.

    ReplyDelete