Sunday, February 22, 2015

Wind Showed Up

Last night I awoke to the sound of light rain on the awning. And then wind. There is nothing worse than packing up a wet camp so I guess it all worked out for the best.

I was picked up by my Granddaughter and her other half Alonzo and my great grandson Cello for a dinner date. It was so good to spend time with them. They also brought me a great bottle of Risata Moscato d'Asti wine. 

Last week when Tracy and I went to the zoo I forgot I took this picture on the way home. I have been trying to get this shot for a very long time. Since I wasn't driving I was able to take it when we came to the red light


Good Night All

4 comments:

  1. You're right about packing up a wet camp. When backpacking, that means stuffing a wet tent inside your pack and hoping by lunchtime the sun is shining and you can lay out the tent and whatever else got wet and hope it dries. Lord how I loved that life! Don't know that I'd love it as much now tho.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didnt get to travel much in 2014 due to a lot of factors but I did get that one week long trip and I ended up packing up wet gear...then I knew another day of rain was predicted so I went to a motel for one night to dry out---And still had wet stuff the next day to lay out..since my trip was ongoing and not staying in the same place each night..BUT if you don't dry it out here in the damp east it will sour and begin to smell like a dead fish--yuk!
    Today we have steady downpour---

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gypsy,

    That trip was not fun had to stay in a motel the last night to dry out it was so nasty. I know I don't enjoy that life style anymore

    Hi Rue,

    Thank You

    Hi Sondra,

    I didn't do to many camping trips either. On one trip we were blasted my high winds, but didn't get any rain. It was the year before we got nailed during the night. Had started to pack the night before to bad I didn't shove it under the truck but who knew. Sure don't like the smell of dead fish.

    ReplyDelete