Saturday, July 4, 2015

Chilly 4th

The morning started out chilly and it stayed that way. 

Took our coffee and sat out in the gazebo until it was time to make breakfast. After cleaning up the kitchen we went back out. I read and Lucy worked on her vintage trailer bird houses. I will post pictures when they are done.

The park had a golf cart parade and a dog parade. I missed them both, they were that quick.

Had lots of thunder, lightening and rain. The temps were between 58 - 61 all day. I thought I had brought in a long pair of pants only to find out they were Capri and not much warmer than my shorts. So there I went digging through the camper for sweat pants and getting quite wet. I did find a pair and luckily I had a flannel shirt already inside. If it's nice tomorrow morning I will have to empty out the camper so I can get to the rest of my clothes as I need my sweat shirt and more socks. While we are in the monsoons it will get cold like this more often.

But we did manage to BBQ our steaks or I should say Lucy did while standing under her umbrella. They sure were worth it.


This morning at sunrise

 Lucy makes these lights using Cholla ribs

 After the parade

Hope everyone enjoyed their 4th with lots of good food an fun

Good Night All

10 comments:

  1. I would gladly trade our weather for yours! I don't know when we will get any relief, although today was supposed to be the start of several days in the 90's, it got up to 102. I'm just wilting in this heat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gypsy,

    You sure are getting some heat there. I feel bad for you not having a/c for this. I'll take this weather over the heat of Tucson for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad somebody is having cool weather!! At least we aren't "hot" as defined by the weather person as 110 and above. Steaks on the grill sound really good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still staying in the high 90s and drizzling every day. Sure makes for some humid afternoons!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandie,

    Hope Jim's surgery gets done soon and he recoveries quickly so you can get out of there to some cooler weather.

    Hi Jim,

    Yes the humidity is just plan nasty when the temps are high.
    Try to stay cool my friend

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hear about 4 firecrackers--that was it. I passed the day working on my project house and today a trip to Lowes for more supplies and now in my recliner with movies on the TV. It's still hot here of course but the AC is just right.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sondra,

    Did hear anything up here and of course it rained so may have put a damper on the fire works,
    Glad you relaxing and enjoying the a/c


    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love a parade, big or small it makes no difference. Then a Barba questions seems perfect for the 4th. Being cool is better in my book than sweltering!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love a parade, big or small it makes no difference. Then a Barba questions seems perfect for the 4th. Being cool is better in my book than sweltering!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love a parade, big or small it makes no difference. Then a Barba questions seems perfect for the 4th. Being cool is better in my book than sweltering!

    ReplyDelete