Monday, August 31, 2015

Tests Done

Got up at 5:30 am jumped in the shower and was ready to go. Of course my apt was at 8:30 am. 

I messed around on the computer and piddled around the house trying to keep a nice hot cup of coffee off my mind. At 7 I feed Fred and put on my socks an tennis shoes.(glad I wore them) I figured the traffic might be bad at that hour. And it was. But I made it by 8:10. They have these wonderful volunteers who take you right to the place you need to go. I remember when this was the smallest hospital I had ever seen. Now it is huge.

Got the admitting done then they took me to Nuclear Medicine what a hike that was. They did the the IV and shot me with radiation and sent me on my way to CT Scan. 

Now they made it perfectly clear on the phone to make sure you have all your information and don't be LATE!  They never asked for my information. My CT Scan was set for 9 am it is now 9:30 and my head is pounding. I asked the nurse how much longer it would take. She said just cause were sitting here doesn't mean we aren't working, and we don't do scans blah. blah I said I never said that I just was asking you how much longer will it be. Nasty SOB. One of the other nurses said I will check and gave the other one a look, like that was wrong.  They of course had an emergency but within a few minutes they came for me. Shot some junk in the IV that made you warm all over. That test took about 20 min. and I was off to the Starbucks right outside the door and ordered a Grande strong coffee. I had brought along a breakfast bar and sat there for about 40 min. and read. I thought it was time for the other apt. so I head back to Nuclear and found out I still had to wait another 45 min. 

So they showed be to a nicer waiting room and there I read but by now my back was screaming at me and the chairs just weren't cutting it. So I took a walk around and went to the gift shop. No I didn't buy any thing.

It was finally time to go for the Nuclear test. By time I laid on that table I thought I was going to scream. The imagining lasted about 30 min.

Then I was off to the door, but couldn't find my way out. Luckily one of the volunteers from the front desk was walking and I stopped her. Sweet thing took me right to the door. 

It sure had heated up out side since I had arrived earlier in the morning of course it was now 12:15. I am so glad I have such good seats in my truck and it felt so good to just sit there while I cooled down the truck and headed home.

I have had a terrible headache all day and I don't know if it was the stuff they injected into me or what. But I am so glad this is over and now to just wait for the results.

Good Night All


  1. It's bad enough you have to go through that whole procedure, but to be treated rudely and insulted is just plain wrong. They seem to forget they all have jobs because of the patients they are supposed to be serving. Glad that's over withy.

  2. Hi Gypsy,

    The rest of the staff and volunteers were great, this one was so nasty I guess cause in interupted there gossip secession. I was even rude when I ask but I sure got rude after her little tirade.

  3. Wish i was at the point you are,,,, start mine Thurs,,yeaaa. X-ray and the spine doc.
    good luck

  4. Glad you got your testing done and hope its all good news!! If I miss my coffee I have a headache all day...

  5. Hi Trouble,

    Had x ray back in May now lets see whats next good luck to you too.

    Hi Sondra,

    I'm glad this part is done now lets fix it or shoot me. I don't drink much coffee anymore like I used to but who knows but even that strong Starbucks didn't help.

  6. Hope you get your results soon. Even though in my case I was told there is nothing that can be done to ease the pain, Knowing helped so that I proceed with doing the things that I know help throughout the day. Hope your news is better.

  7. Hi Karen,

    Exactly at least to know what the problem is and how to proceed with life. thank You