Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Really Nice Day

It has been so cold here for the past few days. But today it warmed up to a delightful 71 degrees.

I even went to the crochet class today. Trying to finish a blanket that needs to be mailed to CO. But maybe I will wait until after the holidays to mail. 

After class I sat out on the porch and worked on the blanket a little more. So making progress on it. I want to make some hats an scarves for the homeless so I need to get things rolling. Going to also try to get some blankets made for Jan. n Feb. for the homeless also. 

Tomorrow I will start my Christmas shopping. I need to buy the food for Christmas Eve and Christmas day. Some of the gifts for the great grands that should be easy since I am not buying toys they get enough of those. But would like to get the 4 n 5 yr olds books. I saw some really cute ones the other day in of all places Safeway, and I did pick one up that day.

I need to get my ink cartridges for the printer and some card stock so I can make some blank gretting cards with some of my photo's to give as gifts.

Good Night All

6 comments:

  1. You sound organized...my brain is spinning as it always does at this time of year...I want to find a cabin in the woods and hide out! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sondra,

    Me organized oh dear oh my I wish. I should have been out shopping already this morning and here I sit trying to think of all the reasons not to go today. Lots of people got their checks today so lots of people, no parking will I be able to carry everything into the house? I can go on n on hahaha. Now this cabin in the woods sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When one of my nephews was about 2, i saw and picked up a package of jigsaw puzzles at an HEB for him... they just had a few pieces. He LOVED them, still loves jigsaws at 23 or 24...

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mother-in-law did beautiful crochet work. I tried but didn't have the patience to go very far. A class sounds like a good way to get into it. I envy you the 71 deg. temps. We'll get there sooner or later, meanwhile I just try to dress warmly and wrap myself up with one of Colette's crocheted throws.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Trouble,

    The puzzles are a good gift too.

    Hi Gypsy,

    I learned to crochet as a child from my mom, but could never get the knitting thing down. I may try again as I see a few of the ladies making such beautiful things with knitting. the class is free an is a part of out Village. We have a few other classes here as well. Also have some card games and game days with dominos and board games. I just do the crochet, since some ladies to other kinds of sewing crafts it is called Chicks With Stick.

    Hi Phyllis,

    Trying

    ReplyDelete