Monday, January 25, 2016

No Go Again

Got up early and started to drink lots of water for the impending blood draw. Jump in the shower so my hair would be good and dry since the morning was really cold.

By time I left the house at 9 am I had consumed 48 oz of water. I had this feeling this was not going to work out again today, and I was right. They claim they never received the fax from the Dr. Office for my lab work up. You know I am not going to go do this again. I will call tomorrow and I want to know why? Or was it the lab that messed up. If they don't have a confirmation for sending this fax I am going to be very angry. I guess either way I am going to be angry with someone over this.

I came home made myself a nice cup of coffee and some breakfast and tried to calm down over the mornings events.

After breakfast and a leisurely cup I went grocery shopping. The day had warmed up some but still to chilly for sitting on the porch. I did catch the guy who does lots of handyman stuff here and we talked about getting that gutter put on the back of the house, and making plans to build new stairs off the back of the porch. Its always something.

Good Night All

7 comments:

  1. Is there a super good reason you need to have the blood test done? I think they often just routinely schedule procedures that they can bill Medicare and insurance for. I think I would tell them to stick that needle somewhere else, and I wouldn't go back! (Of course the medical people including doctors will say they need routine tests to make sure of .....whatever. Don't believe them!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The easiest way to get this mess straightened around is to call the Dr.'s office and tell them you are not going for the test until they fix the problem and call you back. Thus you don't get angry.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Gypsy, but I know in my case I take only one prescription..and they have to do bloodwork before they will renew it, to make sure the dose is working, it Thyroid meds. Hope you get it straight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gypsy,
    In part you are right and I'm glad you have such faith in the way you do things. Yes there is a good reason for this test, I have a wonderful Dr. who I have been with for several years. But the change in staff seems to be the problem which I will address today.

    Hi Rick n Kathy,

    That will be done as soon as they are opened this morning. The office was closed yesterday. It's so hard to get an appt. at the lab as it is and if she can't draw blood then she isn't meant to be in the Dr. office. It also cost more to go to the lab than having it done at the Dr. office.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sondra,

    Don't know how I missed you earlier. I have a few meds that need blood work ups before they are refilled. I have had some issues lately that require lab testing. And I have taken care of the issue with the staff this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do hope they finally end up getting the blood drawn. I would hate to get my lab coat on and come down there. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi JMD,

    You just might have too, but that may be a nice experience to meet and have a coffee

    ReplyDelete