Monday, May 22, 2017

Wind Is Down Heat Is Up

The mornings are still pretty nice. This morning I went out and cleaned up the yard and took the fountain outside Fred's area so I could clean it up and not have  puddles for him to dig in.
I filled it up all three tiers after I put it back where is sits closer to the porch. But by time I finished all that the heat was on. When I went out early evening with Fred the fountain was almost empty from the heat evaporating the water.

I moved into the house and  set up the dishwasher and hung all the dried clothes up. Once the dishwasher was done I showered.

I really didn't want to go grocery shopping but had no choice since I needed lettuce and a few other veggies. Off I went to Safeway, the prices there are pretty high but some things were not so bad and I bought some really nice veggies. Eggplants, zucchini, cauliflower and lettuce. So tomorrow will be cooking day as long as I get right to it first thing in the morning, as we will be maybe at 100. 

Wed. is a few graduations and I have a feeling I will be missing them as the temp will be 103. This is way to early in the season for this so I think we are going to have another brutally hot summer.

Still haven't figured out what I am going to do this summer. 

Here are some pictures I took of my friends patio plants



I tried a few different angles with the shade and sun

After seeing these beauties  I thought maybe I will put out some kind of plants on the porch again. After I returned home (this was Sat. and the weather was still really nice) I went and sat on the porch with Fred and in 15 min. I was being eaten alive by skeeters. And this is without a single plant on my porch. Nope no plants will be put out there.

Good Night All

6 comments:

  1. It is going to be a weird summer, for sure. We're in mid-90s, but Wed. it will go to the 70's for 2 days before returning to the 90's. I might try to do some outside work when it gets cooler.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been a weird season. My yard cactus, all the neighborhood yuccas, neighbor's oleanders, another neighbor's century plant, my iris and even my rosemary bush were so heavily covered in blooms this year - that rain we had several months ago was timed just right. Oh, and the desert willow, with its tiny orchid-like flowers is just covered. I get my outside work done by 10-10:30 and head for inside. Stay cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you enjoy the Aroma of Lemon get yourself some Citronella Plants. We get to enjoy our patio while everyone around us is swatting the Mosquitos.
    Love the pictures of the Cactus Flowers.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH those plants are marvelous...I want some cactus plants I have a few of the desert plants I more the blooms in your photo are wonderful! We are having buckets of rain....3rd day now...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Gypsy,

    Yes the temps jump up and down. Tomorrow we are looking at 103 the blinds will be closed early in the day and I will be a mole.

    Hi Emily,

    I bet all your plantings are getting nice a mature by know. Take pictures.

    Hi Rick and Kathy,

    I am going to check out those plants. But of coures the big heat is on now but at least early morning might be nice until about 8 am.
    Glad you enjoyed the pictures.

    Hi Sondra,

    Aren't they just to beautiful. And the best part is they only need watering about once a week. I wish we would get some rain here. But I'm sure after 3 days I wouldn't be liking it anymore. Hope your feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cacti are beautiful. 103 degrees? Wow! It doesn't get that warm here in Iowa very often. We've had 50s for highs lately and are luck to get back to 70 soon. I wish cacti could thrive here. They are all beautiful - I really like the one with the pink blooms!

    ReplyDelete