Thursday, May 25, 2017

Hard Finding Something to Post

There isn't much to post these days. 

The weather is horrible and it was 103 degrees yesterday causing me to miss graduations. Of course today the temps weren't bad but that doesn't fix yesterday.

I did make some Cloud Bread. I had never worked with egg whites before so I didn't get it quite right but at least now I know how to do it. The the bread should have looked more like a bun instead of a pancake. The recipe also said you could add sugar but I didn't and if I make it again I might add a touch. It isn't exactly bread at all as there isn't any flour. There are no carbs and no gluten.



The other day when I went to Safeway to pick up some veggies I bought 2 eggplants that were on sale. About a month ago or so my daughter's friend went to one of those veggie sales things where you pay $10. for 60 lbs of rotten stuff and hope some of it is usable. So I was brought a bunch of tomatoes and cucumbers. They were not in the best of shape so most of it was thrown away. But I figured I could make something out of the tomatoes. I put them in the blender and then added some Italian seasonings and made a sauce and then froze it. Took it out this morning and made eggplant Parmesan. It wasn't to bad and I divided it up and froze it.

Tomorrow I will take my friend Rose to get her eyes checked and when I get back I will make some other vegetable dishes.

Good Night All

7 comments:

  1. So how do you make the cloud bread? I doubt if I would try it because I don't like to separate eggs. I never know what to do with the part that's left over.

    I think many bloggers have run into the same thing - nothing much to post about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gypsy,

      I will do a post with the recipe tomorrow. I'm not much good at separating the eggs either so I had some fun with that. But you also use the yoke.

      Delete
  2. It's good that you recreate dishes so that food is not wasted. Too many people don't do that and just throw everything away. Some day they'll wish they hadn't.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rick and Kathy,
      I hate wasting food. I raised 4 kids and didn't have much money so I had to really stretch what ever I had. So wasting is not in my blood even know. I have seen people leave for the summer from here and throw away every bit of food. It drives me insane. I asked why not donate to the soup kitchen of food bank. they said it was to much trouble. A few of us offered to do it for them but nope.

      Delete
  3. That heat reaches here the next day, soooo, gonna be miserable today and tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always fun to try new recipes...I have not been in a cooking mood lately..I made a pot of cranberry beans and some rice...add a salad and that's been my dinner the past couple days. I'm about ready for a change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sondra,

      That's what is so great about portions in the freezer for my lazy days and I do get plenty of those. But I must ask what is cranberry beans?

      Delete