I promised to post the Cloud Bread so here it is
· 3 large eggs, separated
· ¼ teaspoon Cream of Tartar
· 2 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
· ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
· optional: 1 tablespoon granulated sugar (or any natural sweetener like honey, agave syrup etc) OR 1 packet artificial sweetener such as Splenda
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment beat the egg whites and Cream of Tartar together on high speed until stiff peaks form.
3. In a large bowl combine the egg yolks, cream cheese, salt and sugar (if using) until completely smooth. You can do this step with a spoon or a mixer.
4. Gently fold in the egg whites into the cream cheese mixture. Do this step carefully to not deflate egg whites. The fluffier the batter the fluffier the bread will turn out.
5. Scoop the batter onto the prepared pan, forming 6 "buns", about 4 inches in diameter.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes until the bread is golden brown and set.
7. Allow to cool before serving.
store airtight refrigerated for up to 5 days
It won't post the picture for some reason.
Today I made another one of the eggplants I bought.
I sauteed onion and garlic in olive oil then added some white wine I had left salt n pepper, I peeled the eggplant and cubed it then added it to the pan. It only had to cook about 15 - 20 min. with a lid. It was really good but I didn't take a picture.
Wishing everyone a safe Memorial Day and please remember all our Vets and the reason for this holiday.
Good Night All