Tuesday, June 13, 2017

We Are In For It

Today I did a lot of veggie cooking so I will not have to use the oven again for some time. I made the steak cauliflower that Phyllis had added to her blog. What a tasty treat that is, also made cheesy cauliflower with the other half of cauliflower. My daughter had posted a wonderful recipe last night for a meal on the grill. I had all the ingredients so I made that for dinner, and that was soooo good.

Of course I cut this down to just 1 serving as this recipe is for I believe 4 servings

Butter Garlic Herb Steak Foil Packets


Ingredients
·      1 pound small red potatoes, cut into fourths
·      2 carrots, sliced
·      1 red bell pepper, cubed
·      1 green bell pepper, cubed
·      ½ red onion, cut into cubes
·      salt and pepper
·      1 Tablespoon olive oil
·      1½ pound top sirloin steak, cut into one inch cubes*
·      Garlic Herb Butter:
·      ½ cup butter, room temperature
·      ¼ cup freshly chopped parsley
·      4 garlic cloves, minced
·      1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
·      1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
·      ½ teaspoon salt
·      ¼ teaspoon pepper
Instructions
1.  In a medium sized bowl add the red potatoes, carrots, bell peppers, and red onion. Add salt and pepper and toss with olive oil.
2.  Place four 18x12-inch pieces of heavy aluminum foil on counter. Evenly place vegetable mixture on each piece of foil. Top vegetables with steak.
3.  To make the garlic herb butter: In a small bowl add the butter, parsley, garlic, rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper. Divide evenly and place on top of the steak. Double fold top and ends of each piece of foil, leaving space for steam to gather.
Place packets on the grill and cover. Grill 15 minutes or until steak is cooked through and veggies are tender. Carefully open packets and serve.
Note* I don't bother with this bowl stuff I cut everything up and just put it right onto the foil, even the butter it will melt while cooking 

The latest on our heat wave is not good. Next week we will hit well over 115 degrees and now I am really sorry I did not head for the mountains. It will be way to hot to travel there now and maybe not for another week at least. I had been checking the weather channel and it doesn't show any of that but the weather on TV sure told it like it is.

Good Night All

4 comments:

  1. The weather sounds crazy hot there! Cauliflower is one of my favorite veggies yet I can't deal with a whole one so I usually buy the cut pieces in the small bags, just enough for one. Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't understand why you can't leave for someplace cooler. I'd rather do that than stick around in the heat you are expecting. We are looking for temps in the 100's by the weekend and my sons and s-i-l are taking their kids backpacking in the mountains. One granddaughter evidently doesn't want to go and I have been asked to watch her from when they leave (at 8am) to the time her Mom gets home from work. Heck, I am never even dressed by 8am - I will have to rush, do without my breakfast and even the rest of the day's meals. I eat my own type of foods and won't fix anything at someone else's house. I am getting really stressed about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hot, hot,hot. An entire meal on the grill. Need to pass this along to Len. He does the grilling. He thinks he's a big deal. Give me a break!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sondra,

    Yes this is not fun and if it cools down enough I just might have to make a run for the mountains. I love cauliflower to and I have some great recipes. I try to find the smallest head. In cooler weather I will make veggies soup and throw some in there too.

    Hi Gypsy,

    It's a 4 hr drive to the Mountains. The first 2 hrs and 45 mins are all desert driving and it will be to hot for the tires and brakes even if your not using the brakes they get really hot. And you are constantly going up and then down, Yes I know to down shift but I don't feel like getting a blow out or lose my brakes when I get to the really high elevations. They just did something on this on our news also. But believe me if it cools down enough after the next week I am more than likely to hit the road.

    Hi Phyllis,
    I loved your cauliflower steaks I have made them twice now.
    haha Len thinks he's the grill master now does he.

    ReplyDelete