Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Wonderful Weekend 2

Of course there is nothing like breakfast while away from home, would have loved to make it outdoors but there really wasn't a good place to set it up. I bought the dried potatoes for home fries they come in a small container that you add water to and let them sit for awhile to fluff back out. We had bacon and we made a omelet the first morning with the home fries. With the windows wide open and the creek running it almost matched being outdoors. On Sunday we had more of the home fries and eggs over easy fantastic, Monday was about the same and we already hated having to leave. The home fries lasted all 3 breakfasts.

There was an elderly couple staying next to us with I guess their granddaughter. This kid never stopped moving or talking as loud as she could. The poor grandpa took this kid on so many hikes and it never seemed to tire this kid out. But at least he tried to keep her from annoying people. They left Sunday morning and peace was restored. I wish I had a 1/4 her energy.

Tracy took a few short hikes which she really enjoyed and wished I could go with her. I would have loved to but I sure don't need any more falls. 

I did manage a few walks to the Wild Life Feeding area, don't know why they call it that because its mostly fowl and squirrels. But it was pretty packed on Sat. from early morning until late afternoon. Sunday was great and I went down there a few times. Unfortunately that's when the camera started to not focus on a few pictures.


Took this shot over the deck to the side of out Casita


I took this through the window



Took this from the deck, all the dirt was washed away during a very heavy rain this summer, I zoomed in on this as it was on the other side of the creek and off the deck





this little moth was no bigger than my thumb nail



OK Sondra, other birders I was thinking this was a Lesser Goldfinch but he has that fluffy black head, any one know for sure?

I'm thinking this is a juvenile Oriole?

I had 2 video's on here but I forgot you have to do it different so I removed them and now it won't let me back in. So maybe tomorrow.

Have A Great Day All

5 comments:

  1. Aww Nice! You're right on with the lesser goldfinch, the other bird is a black headed grosbeak!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sondra,
    Thanks I have so many more pics from this trip I will post a few at time. Maybe tomorrow I'll post the videos of the creek.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures, Jo. I sometimes have trouble focusing my camera as well. It's a Canon. Other times it works great.

    The potatoes sound great! I'm glad you had a good time. A person just cannot beat that kind of relaxation. BTW, I love the bird photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Brad,
    Thank You! I too have a Canon and I have never had this problem before. I'm hoping I can figure out if I moved something I shouldn't have.

    When I first started camping again way back a few of my camping friends told me about them. dried they have a pretty good shelf life.

    Yes to be able to relax like that is so wonderful. Can't wait for the cooler weather so I can actual go camping. Much cheaper for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you were able to make the trip. Loved the pictures.

    Poor grandpa, the kid would have gotten to me too!

    ReplyDelete