Monday, September 4, 2017

Wonderful Weekend part 1

We arrived Friday around 5 pm and settled in. Put things away and then had our dinner. As we were eating we realized we could hear the water in the creek. We couldn't see it from out  the window but it was great to hear it.We did manage a little walk around to check things out and from the deck off to the side we could see the creek.
It was a early night as Tracy had worked and had been working some long hours for months and that's why I wanted to take this long weekend.

Saturday was a gorgeous day. Cool, slight breeze and easy drizzle which didn't get in the way of our day at all.

These pretty flowers were just outside our front door growing up the side of the incline


The view out our back windows The white line just above the date is from the light under the cabinet in the kitchen. Yes I took these through the window

I opened up the zoom to get this bird house way back behind our Casita, from the looks of the webbing in the opening I'm thinking it isn't used by any birds anymore


Tracy, sitting way out there on a boulder she was so happy out there.

Taken from the deck to the side of the Casita's


 Roots to several trees after a wash out from the creek running full force after all the summer rains
Backing off the zoom. Can you see all the folks on the trail? they used the creek for swimming. That water was ice cold

These itty bitty moths were everywhere




For some reason I had trouble getting the camera to focus on a few pictures and this butterfly was so beautiful
Well I'm done in for today. I was only home for 1/2 hour and already had a headache just not meant for me to be in this town.

Good Night All

7 comments:

  1. Glad you both had an Enjoyable weekend.
    My sister is the same as you. Gets headaches every time she comes back to town.
    I'm sure Fred will be happy to see you.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rick and Kathy,
      Thank you we did have a wonderful time.
      Fred was a very happy little dog to see me and I was happy to see him too!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Gregg,

      I need to get the rest posted, I'll see if I get to it tonight if not tomorrow morning. It has been long time since I had pictures to share.

      Delete
  3. What fun to have a get away with your daughter and to such a lovely place...the water, trees, and the views all great parts of nature to enjoy and so happy Tracy got some rest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sondra,

      My daughter and I get along so well and it is fun to be with her. It did her a world of good I think, I know it did me

      Delete
  4. Hi Jo! It sounds like you had a great time! I liked the pictures. It sounds like the weather was excellent too. Love that butterfly pic!

    ReplyDelete