Sunday, October 1, 2017

Warming Up

It was a nice week and I managed to finally get the windows washed. But the water here is so nasty that I will have to get the ladder out and do them the old fashioned way. But they are better and the screens are nice and clean.

Did a little shopping and cooking. I might have to turn this blog into a cooking one. 
I picked up a eggplant as there was a recipe I really wanted to try. When I cut it opened it was rotten. It will be going back to the store. 
So I cut up a zucchini instead and just did my own thing with it. It sure was good.
I put some mushrooms, green bell pepper mozzarella cheese and some sauce laid out on a pie crust as that was supposed to be the base for the eggplant dish. Had plenty to make a couple of serving dishes for the freezer. 

Tracy is in CA. for the weekend but my Grandson Eric and his girl sent a text last night wanting to meet for breakfast. They are such great kids. And we made plans for next Sunday as well since Tracy will be in NJ. So they want Nana to still get out for breakfast.

After we parted ways for the day I knew I had to get this crazy hair cut and headed off to the place I once used. Only a couple of weeks ago we passed and it looked like they were still there. Well not anymore. I remembered another place we had noticed in this same strip mall so I looked and sure enough they were opened. So glad I tried them out. So far I like the job the girl did.

We seem to be warming backup a bit this coming week to almost high 90's. Well it still isn't triple digits and no humidity so I can handle it.

Going to have a few things worked on here at the house this week and each month I'll have a little more done. Still kicking around the idea to sell so I need to get these things done. 

Good Night All

8 comments:

  1. Getting haircuts on the road is always a challenge. Thank goodness hair grows out. We're getting closer to AZ so I wish you'd drop those temps back down to the upper 80s.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't go wrong with Zucchini! I have not been in the cooking mood since I got home, I've been eating tomato sandwiches and canned soup. Good that you got your Sunday Breakfast in with other family filling in for Tracy. NO ac on here past 3 days so I think it's official...FALL has arrived.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has not been until this past year and a half that I have really gotten into eating vegetables.
    The dish you made looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandie,
    You might want to slow down a little the temps aren't really bad mid 90's. Nice nights and early morning are wonderful.

    Hi Sondra,
    I love zucchini cooked or raw. Your sandwiches and soup sound good to me. Might just pack that for camping next week.

    Hi MsBelinda,
    I love vegetables and eat quite then every day with something or just nice salads loaded with all kinds of veggies.
    And that dish is so easy to make you don't need to use the crust just cut up some vegetables spray you pan pile it on add some cheese and bake for about 40 min.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I now get orders from Blue Apron.... 3 meals a week plan. Always a lot of fresh veggies. However, it the next few weeks most recipes have kale, spinach, collards, etc. We love them all but hubby is on blood thinners and can't have dark green leafy vegetables. Too much Vitamin K that causes clotting. Just might have to try you recipe here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Phyllis,

    I had been looking into Blue Apron but for just me it isn't worth the price. But I went to Sprouts today and bought some really beautiful veggies so I probably will post some other dishes in a few days. I didn't know about dark green veggies being a problem for blood thinners. I don't take them but it is good to know in case I have any guest over for dinner

    ReplyDelete
  7. That pie is such a neat idea and it looks very tasty! I have been hungry for a quiche lately but some kind of tomato / veggie based pie with cheese sounds amazing. Thanks for the cool idea. I hope it stays cool out that way for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Brad,
    It was really good. I want to make the eggplant next I picked up another one at Sprouts the other day. I cooked all day yesterday but didn't take pictures. If you make it I hope you will enjoy

    ReplyDelete