Sunday, October 8, 2017

Always Something

While it did warm up some it wasn't to bad at all. Did some porch and yard cleaning (it never ends) as we had lots of wind again.

I was also doing things around the house and realized I needed to get some laundry done, threw in a load and went about doing other things. About the time I figured the load needed to be dry I headed in the laundry room and OOPS it was full of water at first I thought I forgot to pull the knob but no it wouldn't have filled up. Well after trying each setting to see if it would work no such luck. Rung out the clothes the best I could and put them over the railing outside. By then I was exhausted and retreated to my chair.
Next day I brought in the small garden hose and stuck in the washer and put the other end over the side of the porch. It started to drain right away. Sure made me happy. When it reach the bottom I had to hold it down and tilt the tub so I could get out as much as possible. I really can't complain as the washer and dryer are about 20 yrs old and have never needed service. While the dryer still works sometimes it sounds like it has a shoe in it. Yes might as well replace it while I'm at it.
If I wasn't such a procrastinator I could have already had the new set but no I waited until Friday so I will not get the new ones until next Friday. They no longer stock gas dryers. I thought about having electric put in but the guy talked me out of it said it was cheaper to run the gas.

I did go to Sprouse this week and bought some great veggies. I bought another eggplant there and tried to cut it like the video but it just wasn't working out well. :( but I followed the rest of the recipe and it was wonderful but no picture. I also made baked cauliflower and saute' mushrooms. Love those vegetables. Still want to make garlic spinach maybe tomorrow after I go to the laundromat.

Had a wonderful and fun breakfast this morning with my grand kids and also 2 of my great grand babies. They were so good I couldn't believe it. 
One of the twins Armani came to eat with his Godparents Eric n Christian he is just the sweetest baby and was coloring and so proud of it and he knew what colors he was using
 And this is Miliani my daughter Debbie's granddaughter and niece to Eric n Christian. Usually Miliani is very verbal and not very quiet but give that baby food and she won't make a sound. 
After we finished I headed for the grocery store getting that unsavory chore done.

Good Night All

7 comments:

  1. Jo: Have you thought about ordering On-Line? They are still selling Gas Dryers around here so I'm not sure why your store is not selling them.
    The little ones look well behaved.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is something I need to address my laundry pair are so old the machine dances across the floor when spinning and it has a sometimes leak, Most of the time I take my one load per week to mom's house. If the lid switch is not working the washer will not go through the cycles...I have replaced the one in Mom's stack twice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rick n Kathy,
    The dryer is at the warehouse it may even be in tomorrow but no later than Friday for delivery.

    Hi Sondra,

    I really dislike spending money on these things that was my camper savings pot, But I'll just cinch my belt a little tighter and I will get something by late spring. Electric will start coming down now that the weather is cooling. At least your mom is right next door I have to go to the laundromat. I can always get some under things out of the camper hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate going to the laundromat but I have been procrastinating for five years now and have yet to buy a new washer :-(

    The little ones are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Belinda,

    I still have't gone to the laundromat. I have some under garments in the camper if I run out hehe. Hope the dryer comes in soon. I am really spoiled with having had my own washer and dryer for many, many years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear about the laundry woes. 20 years is pretty good for longevity. I like the hose idea to siphon the water away. Gas is the way to go if you are already set up for it. It is more efficient and the heating is practically instant.

    The great grandkids are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Brad,

    Yes glad the machines showed up and time with a few hickups along the way. It sure was good to get all the laundry done before I had to get clothes out of the camper.

    ReplyDelete