Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Things Remembered

I have been preparing for another camping trip which should have taken place yesterday and of course it didn't happen again. But the truck is loaded and ready again. 

When I first started camping  I kept a journal. I had ruined the book so I picked up another one so I could transfer the old and continue on. 
As I read through the journal I couldn't believe how often I took off and enjoyed traveling so much. Not all trips were enjoyable and I learned never to travel with certain people ever!.

My first journey was in the cutest little Chalet and it was the only trip in it. I still wish to this day I would have added a lift kit to open it up. I did take it in and the guy talked me out of it. I'm sure if I had taken it somewhere else and had that done I would still own the little trailer.

My next was a Class C, my first trip was a solo adventure and I knew nothing about setting up all the tanks or much less anything else on the outside, I didn't even know how to open the awning. I went to  Wells Fargo RV Park in Tombstone, AZ and the manger Dan assured me before I left I would know everything I needed to know. I spent a week there and when I left I knew all I needed to know. I will be forever grateful to Dan and his wonderful wife.

From there I drove to Bisbee, AZ I had a hard time finding the entrance to the park and had to make a u turn on the little road just above the town. YIKES but I did it. I did all my own hook ups and was thrilled with myself. I did a few trips there.

But the worst trip was going to the Grand Canyon. Some one told me how to set up the GPS and it was a disaster. There was construction everywhere and no clear directions on how to return to the Hwy. After driving for 7.5 hrs I was only in a town that should have taken me no more than 2 hrs. The person with me was no help at all and just read a book instead of helping with a map or something. Well at least I finally made it to Williams and I was a mess. It was freezing cold there and 2 hrs after we arrived it snowed. Luckily not to bad. We hopped on the train to Grand Canyon the next morning and I tell you that revived me to see all that beauty. At least the trip wasn't a total loss and the person with me doesn't know how luck she was that I didn't throw her out on the side of the road. haha

But I had many more adventures but I think for tonight it is enough.

Good Night All

10 comments:

  1. That is why I blog - because it is so neat to go back and read about the adventures and misadventures of our travels. We can't possibly remember them all. Hope you're out camping today and enjoying new adventures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I have more in my journal than on my blog. I don't know if I even had a blog when I started out. I didn't get out this week but next week for sure while the weather still holds

      Delete
  2. I love this look back! Sometimes you need only to recall a memory of your very own to become inspired again! Good or bad weather just jump in and go, either way it will be an outdoor experience! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sondra,

      I have spent so much time reading and transferring this journal haha but yes it gives me that inspiration to make sure this happens next week.

      Delete
  3. Can't wait to hear about more of your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is so much more especially about the Grand Canyon trip and that was quite a misadventure for the most part.

      Delete
  4. I enjoyed your memories of previous adventures. I've had some too. At the time it's frustrating but still kind of fun to laugh at the same time. I did the same kind of thing the other day... drove in a circle around the county and realized that I could have done it all in about 7 miles on a straight road. LOL. But even misadventures are still adventures. Take care and I hope you get to came soon! -- VT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brad,
      Yes now I can laugh at some of the crazy things and of course the lesson's I've learned along the way.

      Delete
  5. I too keep a written journal of my trips because a lot of times there are things that one can not put on our blogs.

    Maybe I am a loner but the few times I have had someone along for camping, it has not been a good experience.

    There is a Mexican saying "Mejor sola que mal acompaƱada"...which translates to "It is better to be alone than in bad company".

    Hope you can go on your trip soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi MsBelinda,

    That saying is very true. I do am a loner. I get into my photography, crochet or read. I used to hike but since my lung problem that just doesn't work to well but I do try to at least take little walks with my dog. And yes I keep a journal for the same reason.

    ReplyDelete