Saturday, November 11, 2017

I'm So Bad

I know I'm late but I wish to send my greatest Thank You to all our Veterans! 

I know I said I would post more and well......

The weather has been really nice and so out the door I go. And all this fresh air is a real kick, just knocks me out. Not that I have been doing anything big but just getting out and doing anything. Since I spent the last 6 months staying at home and out of the heat getting outside is the best feeling. I try to kick my butt everyday to leave this house no matter what I will do just do it.

A couple months ago my Kindle quit working after a failed forced upgrade by Amazon. Trying to reach them was impossible and I was really angry. Their outsource people are of no help and it always the answer is can you move your laptop to another part of the house? No I am doing that and good bye. So I went to Barnes n Noble and bought a Nook book. I really dislike this thing. It is heavier than the Kindle and the on/off switch is on the side right where you would hold the Nook, so you are always shutting it down plus it takes forever to even start up. I asked my friend how she liked hers well she said it just up and died after being used very little, kind of shocked me to think that Barnes n Noble would put out such a bad product. Anyway the the other day I found my way to a comment section on Amazon and I was not alone in this mess of and upgrade. I left my comment, when I went in yesterday they had a section to trade in your Kindle and depending on the condition you can get $20. mine was in great shape and if you wanted to re read your old books you could. See the problem was it wouldn't download new books anymore and that seemed to be every ones problem. I still think they should do more since it is obviously a problem with the upgrade itself.  So I packed it up printed out a label and took off for the UPS store and sent it back. I attached a note stating I really miss my Kindle and if they can fix their error I would keep it. But if you bought a new one they offered an additional $20. toward it. That brings the price down to $29. I should also add I bought the Kindle in about 2008. So I did get my money out of it.

Tomorrow is family day here at my house and my grandsons are doing the BBQ. we are all contributing some dish. 

Good Night All

4 comments:

  1. Glad you were able to ship it back hope you get a good one. I am still reading regular paper books, but I don't read as much as I used to. Hope you had a good get together with the Fam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sondra,
    I bought that Kindle when I started traveling to lighten my load as I used to read a lot more than I do now. Hoping to start getting out more so I will read more. Or even with sitting out more now I would could read on the porch. Out get together was great fun good food too. Also sold the Christmas Village today. Money is going toward either a van or a small trailer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never had a Kindle but I know they are popular with full timers. I admire you for complaining and leaving your comment on their webpage.

    Glad you had a good time at your family cook-out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi MsBelinda,

    I just figured if others are complaining then I should put my 2 cents in the mix. Now to see what results come from it. Either way I will get another Kindle.

    Thank You we did have a good day.

    ReplyDelete