Sunday, November 19, 2017

Where Does Time Go

I can't believe  it has been such a long time since I posted. 

We did cool down some but they are calling for another heating up and it will be mid to high 80's for Thanksgiving. The mornings are wonderful and anywhere from low to high 50's. But showing can be a bit cold. 

I was a little under the weather for about a day an a half then made the mistake of going for a flu shot. Really felt like crap after that but by the next afternoon felt great.  I put up a big pot of chicken soup with lots of good veggies in it. Love home made chicken soup.

Been trying to get some heavy duty cleaning done. Gave the stove a good cleaning and then spilled Orzo all over the top and of course it went under the burners. OH well small clean up. Was able to move some furniture which is the hardest part. When did I get so old.

My daughter and I did our Sunday breakfast and tried to find a gold chain for my granddaughter for her birthday, but found nothing I could afford. Penny's had a great sale but you couldn't pick it up until Thanksgiving or the next day. You know that isn't going to happen. What kind of nonsense  is that not dragging me into a store when these people should be home with their family's not working. And the next day would be horrible with crowds. I thought most stores weren't going to open on Thanksgiving.

I have a company coming tomorrow to give me a estimate on a new furnace and after this week will call a couple more places to see what I'm looking at price wise. I may be pulling out the electric heaters again this year and then replace the furnace next year. After spending money on the washer and dryer it will be a bit painful to put out more big dollars.

Good Night All

4 comments:

  1. Good to hear from you. Just saw where we're going to hit 90 on Turkey Day. I just haven't felt like blogging even though I have a couple of them ready to go. I think. Have a great Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great Thanksgiving. Ouch on not feeling well and having to put out the money. Which hurt more?????

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree stores should not be opened during Thanksgiving. It seems corporate profits mean more than letting employees spend this holiday with their families.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandie,
    I'm not impressed with this forecast for Thanksgiving. Yes blogging has been hard to do even for me. You and Jim have a great Thanksgiving too.

    Hi Phyllis,

    The feeling sick luckily didn't last to long and the money defiantly will hurt much worse. Happy Thanksgiving to you and Len also.

    Hi MsBelinda,

    Oh the corporate profits will always be so much more important to these stores. I just hope they pay these people a higher rate for working those days. Wishing you and you mom a wonderful Thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete