Monday, December 18, 2017

So Busy

I have been very busy but still trying to figure out on what. I know it has been lots of running to the stores to shop. Every time I thought I was done I realized I forgot someone or something.

Then the awful weather set in. I had gotten some estimates for a new furnace and boy they weren't pretty. But the cold and damp was getting to me and I just couldn't get warm or get the house warm for that matter. One of my daughters friends used to do my maintenance on my a/c and furnace but he had to take a full time job so he had to quit side jobs.  But I asked my daughter to get in touch with him to see if he could recommend someone. Well he is now going to school so he can get certified to go into business for himself and called me right away. He came this morning and said lets see what the problem is before we think about a new furnace. (Which by the way non of the other companies even bothered to check).  He immediately found the problem and got it running. It did need a part so he went to class then found the part and I now have heat and it only cost me $100. I am so thankful for this guy. He even stayed around for a while to make sure it stayed running and checked my carbon alarm to make sure it was working, he also suggested I buy another one for the other end of the house. I will take care of that tomorrow. And it is so nice and comfy in my house again. And none to soon as we are going to be down into the high 20's and low 30's as another cold front is coming our way with day temps staying in the 50's.

While Michael went to his class and the hunt for the part I ran and did my grocery shopping. I have almost everything I need for both Christmas Eve and Christmas day. Tomorrow I'll check the Mexican meat market for the chorizo and find out if they will be open Sunday morning for the tortillas.

Good Night All

5 comments:

  1. It was nice that he was able to help you out like that. All those big businesses want to do is sell people what they don't need.
    Good luck getting ready for the big day.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job! So happy you got someone who was out there to help, and out to get you! I am looking forward to, and looking forward to it all being over...at the same time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rick and Kathy,

    Yes I really got lucky. 3 yrs ago one of my dearest friends sent her husband over and he said it couldn't be fixed and parts for this furnace couldn't be had anymore. It took Michael 2 phone calls and he found the part. I'm glad I didn't give in to these other guys. They see a single woman and they try to sell you everything.

    Hi Sondra,

    Yes Michael has always been a great kid. He told me one time he worked for one of the local company's here and these poor old folks had no stove but he told them they needed a new furnace instead. He interjected and fixed their furnace and then before they could fire him he quit.

    I'm also looking forward to this holiday and yes then for it to be over with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad your furnance is fixed and that you have an honest and trustworthy person in Michael to help you out. Loved reading what he did for that old couple.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Belinda,
    I sure did luck out when I found out Michael was going to start his own business and was available to help me out. He has a beautiful caring heart.

    ReplyDelete