Friday, December 8, 2017

Watch What You Wish For

Well I had been belly achen about wanting colder weather and boy did we get it last night. I live out more in the desert area and so it gets colder here. We hit 28 last night well more like early this am. Yes I let the faucet drip sure glad I did. I also made some sugar water for the hummers and when I let Fred out  at 6:30 am I hung it out there for them. Today I wrapped the bottle a couple times but it isn't supposed to be as cold tonight.

I have been busy getting decorations out and my daughter helped put the new tree together Sunday and strung the lights. This one didn't come pre lit for some reason. So slowly but surely the decorating will get done and this Sunday she will help me do some things out front.

Most of my Christmas shopping is done just have a couple more gifts to buy but that can wait for next week. I did do some grocery shopping today. Tomorrow I need to do some cooking of veggies. 

I figured if I can't go to the mountains I'll bring a little mountains to me. The tree has a snow coating on it and I bought a cheap plaid throw for the skirt I wasn't about to pay $50. for a plaid tree skirt.

I found this reindeer head at Kirkland's and figured it would make a great topper of course it was a little to heavy so I had to tie it to the wall

Another Kirkland find the little canned ham trailer
I will take better pictures when all is done

Good Night All

9 comments:

  1. Awesome so festive looking, Really like the reindeer topper, and the little travel trailer! We had sooo much rain wish California could get some of this rain. We really don't need it and they sure do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sondra,

    Thank You just wanted something very different.
    Yes Californian really needs lots of rain. My cousin lives southern Californian and that last fire that started up was only 7 ml from her but they got that one under control quick. But all those folks who lost everything is horrible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup.... we are all hit with cold weather. Down to 20 in the morning here in Alabama. It was warmer in Anchorage at 31.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Phyllis,

    Are world has been turned upside down I think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just thought I'd pop in to say hello since I'm on the computer. Jo, you have a wonderful quality of making life happy. You find joy in everything. I admire you. I hope you have wonderful holidays and a wonderful New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nancy,

    Sometimes making life happy can be a struggle but we must keep on. I hope you enjoyed your trip and Wishing you a very Happy Holiday also

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your christmas tree. I am a little behind..am I understanding that you bought a new trailer?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol, just made the picture bigger and realized the trailer was a xmas ornament...my bad!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi MsBelinda,

    Boy I wish that was a real trailer believe me. LOL no problem

    ReplyDelete