Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Cooling Down

We are finally seeing lower temps. And it is wonderful. We had a few hot ones come in but that hopefully is over. We are still a good 10 degrees above average for this time of year but I'll take it. The nights and early mornings have been in the 50's and that isn't bad either. We had one early 48 degrees so Fred whined until I turned on the make believe wood burning stove. Spoiled dog.
By next Tue. we should really see the temperatures drop so I will pull out the flannel sheets on that Monday. 

But the cooler Temps have me out and about know. I went out to get the electric heater just to be on the safe side and got into cleaning up the shed. Threw lot's of things away and was able to organize the loft. I wanted to make sure that all the village stuff was gone and it was. I pulled the outdoor decorations forward and put some empty totes up so that not so much is down on the lower shelves. Still have a lot to do but at least I started. 

Did a veggie shopping today and made a big pot of veggie soup, tomorrow I will put up a pot of chicken soup. I love soup. I have a recipe for the soup that Olive Garden makes with the sausage so I will have to go to Safeway for the sausage. Walmart doesn't stock much turkey anymore and I don't understand that.

They have been doing lots of warnings about rattle snakes taking cover in peoples garages and sheds. They say they do not go into full hibernation and will strike with out warning. Great! Although I am ever mindful of those nasty things. They showed the snake guy finding a few in some garages on the news tonight and warnings have been popping up on my phone.

Good Night All


4 comments:

  1. Glad you got some good solid fall weather going! It is actually my favorite season because it's cool and there is no yard work to do...except picking up the fallen odd limb here and there there is no reason to rake leaves at this point I do one big spring clean up. I was photographing a headstone where the flowers had fallen over so I was going to replace them lifted it up and curled up under it was a copperhead so I made a hasty retreat!!Be cautious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cooler temperatures in particular where you live are most welcome. I am loving ours.

    I am of the mindset that a good snake is a dead one...hate them creatures...be careful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sondra,

    Yes the temperatures sure are going to drop in the next few days and I am ready. I only have to clean up after Fred or spray the occasional weed. Oh copperheads are not nice either be careful.

    Hi MsBelinda,

    I am really enjoying this nice weather so much.
    And yes I have the same mindset about them being dead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jo! It's cooling off, that's for sure! Be careful of the rattlers... That gives me the shivers thinking about snakes... They do seek warmth, I guess! The soups sure sound yummy!

    ReplyDelete