Saturday, November 25, 2017

OK It Is The End Of November!

The header picture was taken in Williams, AZ in 2010 at the end of October. Needed to see this as I am so tired of this weather here. We have been tying and passing records for the hottest November since records started. Done I'm not impressed Mother Nature. But I do tell myself at least we aren't in the triple digits anymore. Tomorrow's high is calling for 91! While the mornings are nice and cool and the A/C will only come on around 4:30 pm a few times that is a good thing. I keep the house closed up to maintain the cool temps of the very early morning.

Thanksgiving was wonderful. Lots of good food and pies. I was pretty good and didn't eat much at all and only brought home a few slices of ham and some salads and the left over sweet potatoes since no one eats them.

All the left overs were packed up and my grandson took them to a place he knows that homeless people live and fed them. He has such a big heart and I am so proud of him.

So now to figure out the meals for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Not really much to think about we usually do the Italian food. Peppers, onions and sausage and for those who don't like that it's pizza, stuffed shells and meat balls and possibly a ham, salads and antipasto . Of course desserts, nuts and fruits. All left overs will be taken to this homeless camp again.

Good Night All

3 comments:

  1. I agree - I am so ready for the 70's for a change. Hopefully this week. It was only Jim and I so I didn't fix very much of anything. Enough left overs for a couple of days which is plenty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you're experiencing the results of climate change...our weather has been up and down too, but no 91's TG. Your menu ideas sound good I was thinking non traditional would be nice I'm to do the Holiday meal here this December...so I'm trying to come up with ideas that will satisfy all...including my German B.I.L who is a picky mostly meat eater...So I gotta try to find something he will enjoy in the veggie department. I love that header photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandie,
    I tell you this has been so strange looks like you might be right about next week and but will be and up and downer for a few days then drop into the 60's I'll take it. It's nice to have left overs but time for me to start watching again with Christmas right around the corner.

    Hi Sondra,

    I want to head out but by time I get around to it is going to be to cold. GRrrrr. I don't know how to help you on the German side how about cabbage and potatoes just a small portion.
    I love that picture too that was the trip from hell, but seeing the Grand Canyon made it worth it.

    ReplyDelete