Sunday, February 4, 2018

Perfect Weather

Labs went pretty good a couple little hick cups but no biggies. Still have to do more things but not for a few months. But I think the nurse misread his note so I will call and ask for a closer apt. than the 3 months.

The weather has been so wonderful. Only slight breezes but perfect temps. Cleaned up the yard and picked up some flowers to brighten up the yard a bit. Not going to do much in case I hit the road in June or July. Pulled the shop vac out and put it on the porch so I can give it a really good cleaning and move things around so I can face the humming bird feeders. 

Of course I forgot to bring in the little sticks with the names on them. My daughter really loved this one and we both loved the color

And this one too, we really liked the color
 Bought this one last week the color is so much prettier than it shows in the picture 


Like I said I won't buy much because there is a strong possibility I will be leaving this summer. I don't know for how long but long enough to beat most of the heat. My friend Bobbie once again offered her house to me as she lives full time in her MH and said it is was to much work to bring all the stuff from the MH to the house and then back out again. She said all I would need are sheets, There packed aha ha. I will spend some time in Show Low and Lakeside to try to acclimate to the higher elevation then head up to Greer. I will go back and forth to Lakeside as I have friends there too and I can park in their yard and there are some free camping areas and some really cheap campgrounds there. So I will lean towards these plans and see what happens.

On my way home from the breakfast I stopped at O'Rielly's automotive store and finally bought the windshield wipers. What a pleasant store compared to Auto Zone and that rude bunch. The guy came right out and put them on for me. And the store is so clean too. But I sure was shocked at how much they cost for each one. I have always had them put on when I was having work done on the car if they needed changing so I really never paid attention. It sure was nice to run the washers and be able to see out the window.

Oh I don't know why my e-mail address shows up on the top of the blog as gmail I never put that there and it is wrong it never worked. I tried to remove it and it told me I am not allowed to. I did send them some feed back about this address. If you need to reach me please leave me a not in comments and I will forward the right e-mail 

Good Night All

14 comments:

  1. Nice to see you are making travel plans for later this year. Will be nice to follow your adventures.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rick n Kathy,

      It has been 3 yrs since I have been to the Mountains that I love so dearly. Were you come here to get out of the cold and snow, I head to the mountains escape the heat.

      Delete
  2. Hi Jo! Those flower pictures are beautiful. It's too bad Iowa is so darned cold or we could have flowers like that all the time. :)

    I hear ya about the wiper blades. They are pretty expensive at some places. Having worked at O'Reilly, Autozone, and Advance, I've put on a lot of blades. Some places acting like it's too much work but a good employee will do it for a customer. It's kind of fun (I put them on for friends all the time)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brad,

      Thank You, I love having flowers and there isn't much time to have them, once the heat hits everything dies as we need to conserve the water.

      It was so nice to have such good service at O'Reilly. I couldn't reach to put the blades on myself so it sure was nice to have a happy friendly guy come out and change them out. It seems to be O'Reilly's practice to do it for free.

      Delete
  3. Nice that things are looking ip and your can get out doing some travelling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,
      Oh I am so excited to be getting out again it has been long over due.

      Delete
  4. Such beautiful flowers and nice to SEE flowers even in a photo!! How good it must feel to have a plan in place! I've been tossing mine around because of the Mom factor that is always rolling around also. Soon as freezing pipes are out of the forecast I'm going somewhere!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sondra,

      Glad you like the flowers. Yes it feels wonderful to have a plan coming into play. Will you mom be coming home soon? Your weather can be iffy there, I hope you get to do a trip before your mom comes home I look forward to your posts so much. Maybe now I will be able to have some interesting or beautiful things to share.

      Delete
  5. I can understand your reluctance to put in lots of flowers. The ones you have are beautiful.

    We want a veggie garden this year. Since growing season starts early in Alabama, we will do it and wait til late summer to travel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Phyllis

    Thank you. I love flowers but this is about the only time and fall that you can keep them without using way to much water and trying to keep them from burning up.

    I would love to have a veggie garden. Enjoy working on it and hope you get lots of great things to grow

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear your labs results were good. Loved your flowers. Which one is the one that attracts butterflies?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi MsBelinda,

    Thank you. The lavender one they also come in pink, red and Yellow and I should know the name but I just can't think of it off hand. They can also be used as ground cover.

    ReplyDelete