Friday, February 16, 2018

Trying To Catch Up

I have the worst Internet company there is, but since I try to stay in my budget I have to suck it up. Every time it rains for prolonged or heavily Internet quits. So some time Wed. it went out an came back on this morning then off then on and then soooo slooowww. I finally am able to get caught up and it's already late afternoon. I only took a short break to run my errand.

The rains have finally arrived. It started early Wed, and today we had a brief halt so I ran an errand and made it back to the truck just as it started to sprinkle again, once in the driveway it really started to rain. It has been a steady slow rain which is a good thing as it gave the ground a chance to let it soak in. We hadn't had any really good rain in a long time.

This is the mountain about 2 miles south of me out front of my house

Yes there are mountains there

These next pictures are mountains a block behind my house



Hope everyone had a wonderful Valentines Day.

Have a Great Weekend If I don't get back here before then.

7 comments:

  1. Spring rain will help bring out wild flowers so that is a good thing and keep the threat of fire lower too...We had a very windy day...and probably rain tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jo have you considered another Internet Provider?
    It's bad enough when it's slow but if it's non-existent we couldn't keep in touch with our family.
    Glad you didn't get flooded out.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sondra,

    It is overdue but these must be our winter monsoon rains. It is still raining and we don't complain we need it. They say the rains have to come later in the fall for the spring flowers but I'm hoping they come this year. They say it should stop over night but Sunday another system is coming.

    Hi Rick n Kathy,

    Yes Rick I have checked out many. The prices are out of my budget so I am stuck with this awful thing.

    The rain has been pretty slow and steady so no flooding around my area not even my yard which can get quite pondy for a few hours and then sinks into the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We got lucky over here no rain yet seem like we have missed it. Good luck with your internet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi George,

    We have another storm coming in sometime tonight or early morning with snow expected on the higher elevation. Hope it doesn't kick off the internet again. Wishing you continued good weather

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool pictures of the rain! Do you folks get most of your rain about the same time of the year?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Brad,

    We usually have rains twice a year but it doesn't always happen. In winter we usually get monsoon rains in Jan. - Feb. This year we had no rain in Jan. and now in mid Feb. we are having some rains. The next monsoon rains can be July thru Sept. but you just never know if it will happen. Right now we are in a pretty bad drought.

    ReplyDelete