Monday, February 19, 2018

Wonderful Weekend

Had a wonderful birthday weekend!

The weather held off for all the going out. My daughter Debbie picked me up Sat. and went to a new restaurant for me Oregano's . There were people waiting outside and everywhere. Debbie put her name down and we waited about 30 min. I couldn't believe how much food they served up. I had and antipasto salad with out the pasta that could have feed 3 people. I couldn't even eat half of it so I took the rest home. Of course lettuce doesn't hold up well so I just took out all the meats and peppers and saved that part. Debbie had bow tie pasta with pesto sauce and that was so good. She also took half of hers home. We ordered a dessert and we shared that. I forgot to transfer the picture from my phone of the food we had.

Debbie gave me this bamboo plant

Then Sunday my daughter Tracy, grandson Eric and his girl Christian went to the Olive Garden no wait as we got there when they opened. We had a great time and no pictures were taken of the food. We had a great time.

Flowers from Tracy



Plus to bouquets of cut flowers 
The kitchen set is from my Grand kids

I planted the flowers today in the freezing winds then came in to the house and the weather said freezing temps over night. GREAT! So they needed to get covered and will uncover during the day and recover at night for the next few nights as this cold spell works it way out of here. The winds were around 25 - 30 mph today and that really made it cold out there. We had lots of clouds and then some sun. Just after dark it poured but it only lasted about 5-7 min.

Good Night All

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful Flowers the kids gave you. Make certain to protect them at night.
    The winds we had carried a lot of Dust and felt quite cold.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Happy Birthday! You got some gorgeous flowers! Our weather is now 20 degrees above normal. So weird. Have a good rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rick n Kathy,
    Thank you and I did cover them as the temps are dropping tonight and for the rest of the week. we only reached 56 today for the high. I guess winter decided to make a showing.

    Yes the wind was really bad but since we had so much rain first it didn't stir up to much dust.

    Hi Sondra,
    Thank You. I did hope I can keep them going at least until I leave for maybe the summer. We are so cold right now. Yes very weird. You have a great week also

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Belated Birthday! You received lovely flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi MsBelinda,

    Thank You. I have planted the potted ones and then this cold front moved in so I have to cover them to keep them from freezing

    ReplyDelete