Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Nowhere and Back

The triple digits are here but by Sunday it should be down to the low 90's but very breezy. So I have started going to the stores early in the morning so I can do some walking and do a little shopping before the heat hits. Tomorrow I really need to go for a hair cut I am way over due now. On the way home I need to stop and buy a garden hose nozzle as the cheap one won't stop the water from running and making a wet mess out of me and the yard. I read Rick from (It's about time) had the same problem.

Now for the title tonight, Concho, AZ has a huge farm that grows Lavender. Every year they have a festival but we never went because it is usually on the hottest days. So after it cooled down a friend of mine said lets go check it out even though it's over. Road trips always a welcome. She also had this magazine that showed this wonderful place to have lunch. So buckle up here we go



 This is the only building ever built in this development



 You drive into and back out of Concho and then back in again. Don't know why
 This old clock is right in the middle of the intersection


This is the restaurant that was in the magazine
 I don't think they ever came back
 So after all this driving and never finding the farm  we sure needed some lunch so we found this place. Yes the chairs are covered in Duck Tape part to the theme

But the food was excellent 

 Concho was once a mining town so there isn't much left 





Just another once flourishing mining town with not much left lots of falling down homes. There are some newer homes but I don't know what kind of jobs are there or if they go somewhere else to work. Arizona has lots of these towns.

This trip is from 2012

Good Night All

14 comments:

  1. Glad your weather cooled down a but for you.
    So many of those interesting ghost towns we discovered over the years all over the southwest. Looks like a fun road trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi George,

      It hasn't cooled down yet temps have been in the 100 - 103 all week maybe a cool down by Friday. I so miss those crazy and fun road trips.

      Delete
  2. How interesting. Must have been enjoyable.

    Yea, see on the news it's in the 100's in your part of the country. Gotta love a/c.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Phyllis,

      So many of these long forgotten towns here in the Southwest.

      Delete
  3. I always loved the old buildings and can only imagine the history they hold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jim my Friend,

      Like the saying goes if only those walls could talk. I have explored some that made the hair on my arms stand up.

      Delete
  4. Sorry you didn't find the farm, but you found plenty of interesting things...it turned hot here too! High in the 80's may not sound like much but considering it was in the 50's just last week it feels like 100!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sondra,

      We really would have liked to have found it but we still had a great day exploring. I am no liking this heat at all it's to early for me.

      Delete
  5. A road trip is always nice. A little sad to see ghost towns but people have to go follow the jobs.

    I am glad we have not reached the 100's yet but are getting close. I have always wanted to ask you if water rates are high were you live and if your area is put on mandatory rationing during the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi MsBelinda,

    My water here is paid for in my HOA fee so I don't know how much it is. Since I have lived in Tucson there has never been rationing of water. You just hope that people will be smart enough to uses it wisely. We are not allowed to have lawns in this Park but we do have some bushes and flowers. I believe they are really want to get people to get rid of auto watering systems as they are always leaking and wasting water. I took mine out years ago along with some trees.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool road trip! I didn't realize it's been that hot lately down there. I understand about the nozzle that didn't shut off all the way LOL. I've had that problem too. That restaurant sounds good - I like the idea of the duct tape covered chairs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Brad,

    Used to go on lots of little and long road trips. But my partner in crime has had some bad health issues and can no longer travel. Oh yes it has been very hot here but it gets worse as the summer progresses. I picked up another nozzle yesterday but it's a cheap one until I get to Lowe's or Walmart. We wondered about when the tape starts to roll on the edges as it usually does, could make for some sticky sitting LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you had an Enjoyable Road Trip. Even if there isn't much to see the change of scenery helps motivate our sense of Adventure.
    Those Water Nozzles are tricky devils. The one that got me belonged to our daughter and even though I replaced it she hasn't put the new one on yet.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete