Thursday, June 28, 2018

Still Fighting

Of course the temps are still high but we did have a bit of a cool down, the temps were in the 102 - 104 for a few days but are back up again but now the humidity is climbing as well. I guess compared to some places our humidity would seem like nothing.

I did get out this morning to fill the water dishes for the birds and a half attempt at cleaning up the yard as I am still having a problem with the CPD. I was talking to one of my friends to see if we could figure out how and why it was so bad this time. She mentioned cheese and yes I eat cheese but I didn't think I ate much. Well you don't have to eat much, I know cheeses has calcium but never realized how much. So there's another thing I have to restrict from my diet. 

I think my biggest problem in the healing is trying to get up from a sitting position and my toilet was the worst. It was a standard toilet of the day 1993, and was very close to the floor. It has caused so much pain to my hips and thighs due to the strain of getting up since my knee was just not working. So today Mark came and installed a new chair height, handicap what ever name they use. At first Mark was worried it wouldn't be high enough but I don't think he took into account that I'm short. Boy when he left I flew in there and it was a little weird because the seat was pretty much right there. And getting up was pretty easy too. Next month I will have one installed in the guest bathroom.

What a subject to right about. LOL

Good Night All

6 comments:

  1. Good idea....I don't like a low sitting potty....in my mom's house we put in a riser, it simply sits on top, it's circular in shape no legs or any thing, so it doesn't take up any space and it makes the seat a good 4 to 5 inches taller, comes in various styles and you can buy it at most any drugstores.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The days we have High Humidex Readings in our area the Humidity itself seems to drop below the norm.
    With the addition of years we are finding it hard when using Low Toilets.
    Didn't realize that Cheese can add to breathing problems.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rick and Kathy,

      What I have isn't the breathing problem, it is calcium build up. My body produces way to much calcium and I didn't realize how much calcium is in cheese. Maybe I just ignored that fact.

      Delete
  3. I just caught that I spelled right instead of write LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our Cedar Creek had a higher seated toilet. Loved it. We need whatever help we can get at this age!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Phyllis,

    Yes this has worked out really well I will put one in the quest bathroom next month

    ReplyDelete