Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Awakening of The Monsoon

We have been having some terrible high temps again. And once again turning the house into a cave.

Luckily this morning was pretty nice with low humidity. I needed to get the yard cleaned up and the trash out to the curb as trash pickup is earlier now because of the heat. Gave the plants and the birds more water and carted the trash to the street. I only had the one bag so just brought that down instead of the can.

I had planned on doing a grocery run but by 8:45 AM it was already in the 90's and the humidity was starting to also climb. So just headed back indoors. I looked up the weather app and found it was going to possible rain today. OH OK. 

I did a little more sewing on the foot stool cover but it still isn't finished. And did a load of laundry. And cleaned up the kitchen counter and did a few dishes.

I read for most of the rest of the afternoon. I thought I heard some thunder but then they are still working on the house next door so figured it was them. Of course Fred wanted out so we went out and then I heard the thunder. By time Fred was done it was raining huge rain drops, which usually means a short hard rain. A wonderful breeze started blowing so we just stayed out and enjoyed it while it lasted which was about 15 min. Once it stopped the breeze was gone and the humidity was so heavy you could have cut through it with a knife. 

Earlier in the morning I had made some tuna salad so it could sit in the fridge and all the flavors melded together. Had a nice little sandwich and some pickles and cucumber slices. 

I will really have to hit up the store as we are expecting heavy rains with thunder and lightening in the later part of the day.

We are having quite a storm as I type this. So glad the monsoons are back. Sure wish CA. could get some much needed rains.

Good Night All

11 comments:

  1. Glad you are enjoying th Monsoons,the much needed rain gets things going and maybe cool you down a bit as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got some cooling breeze even if it only lasted a while...it's the little things in life that make the most impact. Since I made slip covers in the Upholstery shop I can advise the best way is to put it on inside out and pin it up then remove and sew. We used to put an entire sofa slip cover together with pins only, and slide it off gently and then sew it up all at once! GOT lots of pin pricks for my trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi George,

    It was so wonderful to feel the cool breeze and of course the rain was great.

    Hi Sondra,

    Yes the rain was fantastic. If the foot stool wasn't so darn heavy I would have had this thing done and done right. I have turned the cover inside out and pinned it but since I didn't do it right in the first place it is just a mess. But on the bright side at least the material almost matches the chair. I'll keep at it until it looks almost like it should. Again the problem is that it's to heavy to pick up on rest it on something so I am not constantly bending over.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We lost track of your blog somehow, but will be checking often now. Bloggers are gradually vanishing it seems. Chance of rain starting tonight here in north TX and next 6 days. Woohoo.!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopefully you can get a good soaking that will cool things down.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi bigfoot,

    Happy your found me again.I had to get a new laptop and well you know how things get dropped and lost with a change over. Yes I noticed lots of bloggers have dropped off. It's hard sometimes when you are not on the road anymore or for longer periods of time. I have slacked off quite a bit myself.


    Hi Rick and Kathy,

    We did get a good soaking and the temps have dropped a lot. We should be getting rains every evening for the next few days. Of course no sign of anything yet tonight

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so happy for you and know you will enjoy the rain. I'm looking forward to some rain but will probably have to wait several more months if we get any at all. You just can't imagine what everyone's car windows look like with the greasy film of smoke and ash.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Gypsy,

    Yes the rain came just in time this year and knocked out the fires up north. But horrible with all the fires in CA. especially when a crazy nut starts some of them. My cousin lives in Sun City and the Holy fire is very close by, She sent pictures of the smoke cloud over her neighborhood. The ash is terrible for them and breathing is tough even though they stay indoors

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rain is so refreshing! I’ll take it over heat any day. Glad to hear it’s giving a hand to our brave firefighters. They are true heroes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Nancy,

    Yes it helped in AZ. but oh poor CA. tonight they said even firefighters from other countries have come to help. Bless them all and keep them safe

    ReplyDelete