Friday, August 3, 2018

To Do List

I have had to start a to do list. Or I just don't do it.

Fred, had his last Heart Guard treat last week so that meant it was time for a Vet check and rabies shot. I was able to get him an apt. for Thur. but forgot my daughter was bringing the baby over for some lunch and Nonna play time with Miliany. So quick called and was able to get one for 8 am that same day. I left the house early as I know how bad the traffic is on Mission Rd. at that time. And it was really backed up but we made it in time with about 7 min. to spare so naturally he had to sniff and mark all the other dogs around the property. It was already starting to get quite warm when the nurse came and opened the door. I love this vet she is so sweet and Fred loves her. He got his shot and never even flinched. He got lots of treats so you know she now has a friend for life. He lost a few pounds so she said to start feeding him a mix of regular dog food with his weight control and then just stop the weight control. She also asked about his behavior  to make sure he isn't sick or having  any issues. They all laughed as I described his silliness  around the house. She was satisfied that he is well and was also happy to see how clean his teeth are and asked about how I manage that, I give him these bones I can get at Safeway and he just chews on them all the time but never can bite any off.  So with a new 1 year supply of Heart Guard and a new rabies shot we were on our way home and got here 8:30. I fed Fred and off I went to the store.


 I premade the lunch food so I wouldn't have to rush around after the vet visit. I usually by Velveeta mac n cheese but I thought Mili would like the Frozen character mac n cheese. So it being me I never read the box and I forgot my phone at home so didn't have my shopping list. Grabbed a few items and off home I went.

While making the mac and cheese I realized I messed up, it called for butter and milk of which I had none. So as soon as I fed Fred I ran back to the store and made sure I had my phone, picked up a few other items other than the ones I forgot and made it back home in about 20 min. Made me a cup of coffee which I didn't have before going off with Fred. As I sat down I heard the peep of the phone and it was Debbie saying things got delayed a few hours and lets do dinner instead of lunch. Worked out better that way for all of us. We had a great time and Mili is very entertaining she is 2.5 and can sing about 8 different songs, count to 10 and knows the entire alphabet all the way through. 

This morning another early apt for Fred to get groomed which he hates. But his nails were to long already and he sure needed a good bath. The groomer has a new Great Dane puppy which is 15 weeks old and she brought him out for us to meet. This dogs head is bigger than Fred's entire body and he sure didn't know what to make of this so called puppy. And I'm sure the puppy must have thought Fred would make a great toy. LOL

Got home and realized all that rain really didn't do much for my plants so I had to go out and give them a really good soaking while I cleaned up after Fred.

So hopefully I am done running around for a few days. It is still way to hot to be outdoors even though apt. were for early morning. Of course the yard work was later than I should have done but most of the yard was still in the shade.

Good Night All

8 comments:

  1. Girl, you are working just too hard and putting me to shame! I hate it when I forget my shopping list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gypsy,

      It's a struggle let me tell you. But don't forget you just had eye surgery and shouldn't be doing much of anything for awhile sure don't want to mess that up. Take care.

      Delete
  2. We have the same problem forgetting things if we don't have that Shopping List. Good to read that Fred is doing well and you are not overdoing it out in that Heat.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rick and Kathy,

      I tell you it is so important these days to make lists. But that was a day I had to pick up some meds and why I forgot my phone I don't know maybe I need to past a list to my purse to remember the phone.

      Delete
  3. I think of a to do list as a daily goal plan and without it I get sidetracked! It's something I've done all my life! Glad you got it all done and enjoyed the visit with family, your have a little genius coming along in Mili.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sondra,

    I tried a planner for a while but I always forgot to check it so I quit that waste of money. I was happy to have the app on my phone to make a list for what ever I needed to remember. See how well that worked out haha. Yes that little girl is something else love her

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jo, so happy to hear that Fred is well and happy. I have made to do lists and forgotten what I did with them. I have gone into the super market for one specific item and got home only to find out it was the one thing I didn’t have.

    See, you are one busy lady!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nancy,

    Fred and I thank you. I used to write things down on those little note pads but the problem with those is I had several and would write things in more than one what a mess. And yes I also have done that needed something really bad and then forgot to buy it.

    ReplyDelete