Monday, July 30, 2018

Each Evening

The big rains seemed to be over with during the day. The heat is back up a bit but not as bad, humidity is up and down. But each evening about 8 PM the rumbling starts and if I have the TV on a storm alert comes on but they usually say southeast and northeast. I live southwest. But we seem to get a decent little storm with thunder.

Tonight was put out the trash night. So a waited until it was pretty late to get it out there making sure all the cooking was done and waste from the veggies was all in the trash. No sooner did I open the door did it start to rain. I thought I could walk on the inner side of the carport but the can wouldn't fit between the truck and the house of course. I do have some slats on the outer side to protect the truck from the hot sun so I didn't get to wet. But at the end of the house the awning ends so I be a mad dash to the street and just as I started back up it really came down. At least on my return I was able to walk on the inner part of the carport. And of course as soon as I got in the door it stopped. So now it is raining on and off and it sure did cool off nicely while I was out there, stood in the carport and enjoyed the cool breeze until the skeeters found me.

Good Night All

7 comments:

  1. Of course it only rained when you stepped out, never fails. don't need those skeeters for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi George,

    I love the rain when I don't have to be in it so cold but with the heat these days feels wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3 of us went to Big Lots yesterday just as we got there it began to pour down...but we figured rain was coming the sky had been dark all morning so we had 'brellies with us. This morning it's 98% humidity so probably rain again in a few! At least AUGUST is the beginning of the end of Summer soon we will have better weather I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sondra,

    I miss going to Big Lot's we used to have one just down the road and they lost their lease so they could put a school in there. So of course all the stores are really far away now I don't like driving in this town anymore. I doubt I could handle that kind of humidity. August doesn't make much difference here we won't see any break in the weather till the end of Sept. or early Oct.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you got some rain, Jo. We had storms move in, yesterday. I saw some terrible lightening strikes. Susan lost both her TVs to a strike last week. I bought her some good surge protectors. I have a whole house surge protector since the fire and protectors on both my TVs. I generally unplug the one downstairs when I go up to bed. As much as I like the way storms cool everything off, they play havoc with my back. Darned if you do and darned if you don't kind of thing. Hugs to my pal, Fred.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nancy,

    We just don't get the storms like we used to, but any rain we get we are grateful for. I usually unplug my laptop even though I have a surge protector on it I should also unplug the TV but it's harder to get to. Sorry about Susan's TV's.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry .... I just to chuckle. Somehow that rain was out to get you.

    ReplyDelete